“Ok, but won't stay again”

Best Western By Mammoth Hot Springs
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Gardiner
Reviewed January 31, 2013 via mobile

This was the second time we stayed in gardiner. The hotel was ok, the rooms were dated as well as the pool area which had a foul smell the entire time we were there. The breakfast was horrible. No taste, and looked like frozen food just reheated. Waste of time.

The rooms were ok but dated. The bathroom was a decent size but the rooms had an old smell to them. We had a good view from our window.

Next time we visit Yellowstone we will stay in west Yellowstone. May cost a little more but I'd willing to pay it to not have to stay here any more.

Not reccomended, especially at the price they charge.

• Stayed: July 2012
2  Thank casey101
There are newer reviews for Best Western By Mammoth Hot Springs

Reviewed January 29, 2013

My husband and I stayed here one night while touring the norther area of Yellowstone NP. The temperature was subzero when we checked in, but our room was cozy warm. The room was large and had all the amenities--microwave, refrigerator, coffee maker, large screen TV, comfortable chairs. If the weather had been warmer, we could have sat on a deck overlooking the river and enjoyed the beautiful view.
We ate at the hotel restaurant and enjoyed a very good dinner and an excellent breakfast(included in the room rate). We enjoyed our visit and would definitely return.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank yodab
Reviewed January 24, 2013

With convenient access to Yellowstone National Park, this property has staff that makes your visit enjoyable and problem-free. From the ease of check-in and check-out to the friendly and capable staff in the dining room serving breakfast, there were no problems. We especially enjoyed the time we spent in the bar/casino talking to our friendly bartender and the local people. If we're in the area again, we'll definitely return to this property. The breakfast included in our room rate was especially hearty, and the Moose Drool Ale is superb.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank gaminwoman
Reviewed January 21, 2013

I recently visited Yellowstone North on a cold -10f evening. The girl at the desk was wonderful giving me an excellent rate for 1 nights stay. The room I have to say was probably the best I had in a 5 week holiday in the states. It was extremely clean, big and very warm as they had the heating running before I arrived. In addition to the wonderful nights sleep I awoke and went out on to the balcony only to find deer grazing right below me. I then went for the included breakfast in the dining room/ restaurant at the front of the motel. Fantastic food, fresh hot and the staff were wonderful. All in all a wonderful stay at a fantastic rate and will be back again when I visit the park in summer.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Scott T
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed January 4, 2013

The manager, Deb, of the Best Western Mammoth was very helpful and accommodating in making our stay with family and friends an especially rewarding experience. We have stayed here in the past and will do so in the future. Its location makes it ideal for our purposes.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed December 29, 2012

I was a little nervous after reading some of the other reviews. When I arrived, I found the room to be spacious and clean. Everything worked well and the staff was polite. A breakfast buffet was included, which wasn't anything spectacular, but at least it was free. Due to it being outside Yellowstone, of course this place is ridiculously expensive. But as long as it is clean, you pay what you have to in this highly visited area.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed December 26, 2012

I Loved my stay my room was clean and comfortable! Loved the tub in the floor! The only down side.... one employee seemed put out... Think she was having a bad week!

I would return ... Plan on it! Great

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Also consider these accommodations in or near Gardiner
Rodeway Inn and Suites
Rodeway Inn and Suites
#2 of 8 in Gardiner
Comfort Inn Yellowstone North
Mammoth Hot Springs Hotel & Cabins
Mammoth Hot Springs Hotel & Cabi...
#1 of 6 in Yellowstone National Park
Super 8 Gardiner/Yellowstone Park Area
Yellowstone Gateway Inn
Yellowstone Gateway Inn
#1 of 6 in Gardiner
Yellowstone's Absaroka Lodge

Been to Best Western By Mammoth Hot Springs? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Best Western By Mammoth Hot Springs

Address: 905 Scott Street West, Gardiner, MT 59030-7778 (Formerly Best Western Plus By Mammoth Hot Springs)
Location: United States > Montana > Gardiner
Business Center with Internet Access Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Gardiner
Price Range: $115 - $326 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Best Western By Mammoth Hot Springs 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Orbitz, Best Western, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Best Western By Mammoth Hot Springs reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Best Western Mammoth Hot Springs Hotel Gardiner