“Excellent”

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Temple, Texas
“Excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2014

I just finished a take out order from this restaurant.

Coming from San Antonio, I do not rate out of state Mexican restaurants because I am such a snob when it comes to Tex-Mex. I always figure that they can't live up to my standards.

The food at this place was as good as any in San Antonio. The menu is very extensive and I liked the cumbia music being played. I had the #17 enchilada and relleno for $11.25. It came with rice and beans and salsa and chips. The order was a huge serving.

I chose cheese for the enchilada filling and it was a perfect San Antonio enchilada. It had a chili gravy and not a thin sauce just the way a San Antonio enchilada should be fixed. The rice and beans were also excellent and tasted home made.The relleno was also excellent.

Only downside was the salsa that came with the chips. It wasn't very exciting.

• Visited July 2014
2 Thank roy p

Pittsfield, Massachusetts
“New in town”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2014

I was told this is the first season for this restaurant. The food and service were fine. Not pricey considering the location. I would go back.

Visited July 2014
Haworth, United Kingdom
“A Nice Mexican Restaurant in a Beautiful Part of the World”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2014 via mobile

I can't pretend to be an expert in Mexican food as I've only been to mediocre chain restaurants in the UK, but I really enjoyed the food at El Mariachi.

Good sized portions, tasty, good quality and reasonable prices - well worth a try if you're bored of burgers and steaks.

Visited July 2014
Hillsborough, New Jersey
“Great Mexican Restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2014 via mobile

We stayed in Gardiner 4 days and came here 3 times with our group of 10. Everyone loved it here. We kind of stumbled into this restaurant as they only have a banner outside, so it's easy to drive by and not know this restaurant is here. Prices were very good, service was good, food was terrific.

Cochrane
“Best in Gardiner”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2014

We went to the El Mariachi on our second night in Gardiner and were not disappointed. First night was at another popular restaurant in town that was very busy, very hot, pretty good food with average service. Our second night's meal at the El Mariachi was a much better experience. Great atmosphere, courteous staff, excellent service and top notch Mexican food. Our evening meal was so good, we returned there for breakfast. This is a new restaurant for the town and it deserves a try. Anyone in our group of 6 would return.

• Visited July 2014