Yellowstone River Motel
$285
ComfortInn
$229
Yellowstone Big Rock Inn(Gardiner)(Great Value!)
$220
Yellowstone Gateway Inn(Gardiner)(Great Value!)
$295
Yellowstone Basin Inn(Gardiner)(Great Value!)
$195
Yellowstone's Absaroka Lodge(Gardiner)(Great Value!)
$220
Best Western By Mammoth Hot Springs(Gardiner)(Great Value!)
$272
Cancelon
TripAdvisor
All reviewsyellowstone riverroad scholarold sectionample supplyolder parthousekeeping staff arenice sitting arealarge vanitymom and popwithin walking distanceroom was spotlessly cleanplastic chairspark entranceoffice closesrestaurants and shopsnice place to staycouple of nights
Reviewed December 5, 2012

Our family of 5 stayed here one night on our way from Bozeman to Wyoming via Yellowstone NP.. I called the motel after reading reviews on TA. I actually called a few times, trying to figure out the best room arrangement because of our family size and 2 boys 1 girl gender mix. Each time I called I spoke to a different staff member, but they were all very courteous and worked to give me the best price. We ended up booking a 3 bedroom kitchenette (really a full kitchen, fully stocked). So we could freeze and refrigerate our water bottles for the park the next day. The kitchen and bathroom were immaculate. The bathroom was very good size. Our 17 yr old son had a double bed in a small room, and the other two had twin beds in a room. My husband and I had our own room and air conditioner. The TV is in the kitchen up on the wall--there isn't a living room (or sofa); but the kids didn't seem to mind. With all the travel time in the car, they were happy just to have time to watch tv. I would definitely stay here again. It is an older property, but for being right down the street from the gate to YNP, it was very economical. We left bright and early in the morning, so didn't have coffee & donuts that were offered (office opens at 7:30 am). I would stay here again. It was within walking distance of shops and restaurants, and while the kids watched tv, my husband and I walked around, had a beverage by the river, and came back with pizza. If you are staying a few days, this would be an economical room because of the kitchen. Lodging can be quite pricey so close to Yellowstone, but I thought the rate for what we had was very reasonable. The room was also quiet. This particluar "room" doesn't have a view, but because of its location, you can easily get out and take a walk around the corner from the room to see the river.

Room Tip: If you have a family of 5 or 6, ask for the 3 bedroom kitchenette.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank UkieFinnGirl
Reviewed November 12, 2012

We were staying south of Yellowstone Park, and decided to spend two days driving the park, which put us in Gardiner Mt. overnight. After a recommendation by a park ranger in Jackson, we stayed at the Yellowstone River, I can't thank that ranger enough. Yellowstone is an old fashioned motor motel, without any frills, but with hugely friendly staff, great location, great recommdations, and as people have said before, that great little area out back that overlooks the Yellowstone River. It's not a Hyatt. It's much more fun..

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank St.LouisEileen
Reviewed October 26, 2012

Great place and the best location to visit northeast of Yellowstone. Lamer Valley is the best place to watch wildlife in Yellowstone, and the location of this motel is very convenient to commute between the town and valley. Rooms are clean, good view of Yellowstone River from the patio, and are three stars for our family.

Room Tip: Room with kitchen located in the back of the property recommended.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank madison_junction
Reviewed October 18, 2012

Hi. I always wanted to go to Montana. I had no idea where to stay or what to do. I somehow got the phone number for this motel. I looked it up on the map and saw it was in the main town. I could see it was near Yellowstone Park. I could see that it was real close to the whitewater rafting place. I called and said I wanted a room. The girl at the counter was very nice and told me what I could do and who I could call to go rafting and fishing...
I booked three night for my son and I. We flew into Bozeman airport, rented a jeep, drove through Livingston ( a cool town) and checked into our room no problem.
There is a good breakfast place next door. We ate there twice. They had lots of bars and shops and resturants to enjoy at night.
We went white water rafting one day and took a drive around the Yellowstone loop. The trip was awsome! The motel is in a great location.
I would recommened staying here to anyone.
We did not spend a lot of time in the room, except to sleep and wash.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Westcoastweirdo
Reviewed October 7, 2012

Great place - great location to Yellowstone - really nice staff - cute patio that you have to visit behind the motel with wonder view of the Yellowstone River - we ended up with a room in the new section of the hotel and it was great - clean just what we needed and it did have small refridgerator - we could walk to the restaurants and will definitely stay there again if we go to Yellowstone - the staff was very knowledgeable about the park as well - it was a good base for seeing yellowstone

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple