“Disgusting Rib-eye Steak”

Yellowstone Mine
Ranked #15 of 34 Restaurants in Gardiner
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: We are a family owned and operated business serving fresh ingredients using local Montana ingredients as much as possible. Made to order Breakfasts are served from 7AM- 11AMish. Lunch/Dinner options are available from 11AM- 10PM. Yellowstone Grill is open 6 days a week. We are closed on Mondays.
Reviewed September 16, 2012

I have eaten and enjoyed many steaks and roasts in many restaurants over the past fifty plus years. The rib-eye steak that I was served at the Yellowstone Mine restaurant in Gardiner Montana, on September 15, 2012, without exception, was the most disgusting cut of beef that I have been served by any restaurant, anywhere (and this is not an exaggeration).. I could not find a piece of edible meat amongst the grizzle and fat that this place tried to pass on as a rib-eye steak. When I asked to speak to the manager I was told that there was no manager on duty that night - hard to believe as this was a Saturday night and the place was packed with customers. If you do decide to dine at this eatery, at least make certain to avoid the rib-eye.

4  Thank Peter B

Reviewed August 20, 2012

We were tired and hungry and probably would have eaten anywhere. We don't eat meat or fish and the Yellowstone Mine was close to our hotel. It was almost full but we got a table and had a delicious meal - trout, shrimp, elk medallions and steak for our friends - Yum! The beer and wine worked - the perfect combo!

Reviewed July 28, 2012

Cute place with miner theme. The food was ok. I had the snapper..ok. Wife had waleye ..very large ..maybe too much cracker crust. Service was wonderful....that helped offset the cost and food.

1  Thank Jim H
Reviewed July 22, 2012

I ordered a salad that was a special and it was delicious. My husband's ribeye was just OK. Good service, nice atmosphere but pricey for dinner. The complimentary breakfast for the Best Western is served here and it is very good -- better than the average hotel breakfast. I think the breakfast buffet is available for $9 for non-hotel guests.

Reviewed July 21, 2012

Very nice rustic decor, excellent food, but priced a little high.