“We actually had a very good meal!”
Review of Yellowstone Mine

Yellowstone Mine
Ranked #15 of 34 Restaurants in Gardiner
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: We are a family owned and operated business serving fresh ingredients using local Montana ingredients as much as possible. Made to order Breakfasts are served from 7AM- 11AMish. Lunch/Dinner options are available from 11AM- 10PM. Yellowstone Grill is open 6 days a week. We are closed on Mondays.
Reviewed July 12, 2011

After reading, I must say I feel very lucky because we actually has a pretty good dining experience. In a town with limited options, this may be the only restaurant that stayed open past 9:00 p.m. The service was very good from the minute we walked in, and we were promptly seated and beverages brought. Two of our party had the prime rib which was excellent, another had walleye which was frankly delicious. The place did not have the best decor in the world, but who really cares. Gardiner is a rugged town, and this restauarnt fit right in.

For us, a very good meal with no negatives.

There are newer reviews for Yellowstone Mine

Reviewed June 22, 2011

We were offered either the table by the kitchen or by the line waiting. There were other options but "he was new and didnt know" We left.

Reviewed April 29, 2011

My wife and I went there for a nice dinner out recommended by the front desk staff at the Super 8. It started like a normal visit to a restaurant and then went downhill from there. Our waitress did not pay much attention to what stage in the ordering process we were. Then at the end she never came back to collect our money. We finally had to track down the hostess to pay our bill. Would not go back again.

If the service matched the atmosphere and the food it would be an excellent restaurant.

1  Thank localjoe
Reviewed February 12, 2011

While visiting Yellowstone there were few places to eat in Gardiner, Mt. Two nights my wife and I and another couple had dinner at the Yellowstone Mine. Both dining experiences were wonderful. We had excellent food and the service was friendly and prompt.

Reviewed October 8, 2010

We walked here at 8pm and were told it was a 20 minute wait. If we didn't have to walk back to our car to drive to another place we might have left, and wouldn't have missed much. The salads were good, and came fairly promptly. I asked about the Prime Rib and the waitress checked with the kitchen and said I could order it. My Prime Rib came medium-well instead of the medium-rare that I ordered the waitress was apologetic and offered to return it. I was so hungry, I didn't care at that point. She reduced the price $4. The flavor was good. My wife's steak was a little under done. My baked potato was over done, or is there supposed to be a crunchy crust on a baked potato?