“Excellent Family Vacation!!”

Hell's A-Roarin' Outfitters
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: We are a Montana hunting, fishing and horse ride outfitter, operating near Yellowstone National Park since 1979. In the summer months, we offer horseback rides, guided fishing trips, pack trips and rental cabins near Gardiner MT and the north entrance of Yellowstone National Park. Read more about our summer activities. In the fall, we run guided hunting trips for bear, deer, elk, goats, sheep and wolves. We also have a fabulous wedding venue with beautiful mountain views. Wedding planning services and in-house catering are available or feel free to use your own planning services and/or catering.
Useful Information: Activities for young children, Lockers / storage, Activities for older children, Stairs / elevator, Food available for purchase, Bathroom facilities, Wheelchair access
Sheridan, Wyoming, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent Family Vacation!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2013

We arrived late afternoon to be greeted by a friendly cowboy that showed us to our wall tent. We have a teenage boy, a preteen girl and an 8 year old son. The wall tent was set up nicely with comfortable log beds and plenty of room. The views from this beautiful ranch are truly AMAZING! We live in the Big Horn Mountains and I grew up in the Teton area and we were all very enamored by the views! Our kids walked around the property taking it all in and visiting with the animals. We decided to have dinner in town that evening and every restaurant was PACKED! We ended up having mediocre food that cost us $70+ The next evening we opted for the 1 hour horse ride and Cowboy Supper and we were SO glad we did! The ride was excellent and the guides did a wonderful job. When we returned, we were greeted with Steaks, Pork Chops, Hot Dogs, Beans, Asparagus and Tomatoes, Salad, Homemade Cornbread (my favorite) and much, much more!! My kids were not "plugged in" for 48 hours and in the car on the way home they could not stop talking about what an great time we all had! BEST VACATION EVER! Thank you to the staff and new friends that we met here! We will be back and can't wait to see you all again!

Visited August 2013

Gainesville, Florida, Usa
51 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 57 helpful votes
“Maybe it was just a bad day?”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2013

Our first impression on the ranch was very positive. The place is beautiful and the ranch hands had our horses saddled up and waiting for us. Within ten minutes of getting out of the car, the five of us were saddled up and on our way. Our two guides were 17 and 19 years old and they did their job to the best of their ability, but I believe our ride would have been better with a more experienced guide. Toward the end of our ride my younger girls got a little rowdy and the lead guide scolded them a little harshly. I understand and appreciate that he was concerned about our safety, but a more experienced guide may have handled the situation a little better. Earlier in the ride, the horse my son was riding stumbled going down a hill and the guide got after him for running the horse, but he was not running the horse. I told my son to let it go. We paid for a two hour ride, but it was only about an 80-90 minute ride. The ride was through the woods and there was only one good view of the surrounding mountains. The deer flies were bad in the woods. I paid extra for the poor steak dinner and that was way overpriced. I would have got a much better meal in town for half the price. It would have helped to have a little atmosphere, but everyone at the ranch seemed preoccupied and not very friendly. I wouldn’t recommend this ranch for a few reasons, but mostly because the short ride provided almost no views of the big Montana sky.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank Brandon W

Been to Hell's A-Roarin' Outfitters? Share your experiences!