“Tasty!”

The Raven Grill
Ranked #6 of 34 Restaurants in Gardiner
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Description: New american cuisine. Open at 4 p.m. to ten p.m full services restaurant.
Reviewed June 8, 2013

My husband and I really enjoyed our dinner here recently,as a matter of fact, we were pleasantly surprised how good it was! My husband had the Elk burger-he LOVED it! I had the chicken dinner on the menu-Excellent! Mine came with a salad, potatoes, and veggies; all very nicely done. We were there on a Wednesday and ate early, thus, it wasn't too crowded yet. Our server was very pleasant and nice. I could see how they could become overwhelmed when it gets crowded though. It did begin to fill up as we were leaving. We wanted to sit outside, however, as mentioned in other reviews, the garage cans are right alongside of the tables, a bit unsightly for my taste. Also, the interior is a bit lacking, thus, throwing you off as to how delicious the food is. It is a bit more upscale than some of the other mountain restaurants, just know that going into it; I was bit taken back at first. Of all the places in Gardiner, I would definitely go there!

There are newer reviews for The Raven Grill

Reviewed June 6, 2013

The first night we went they were admittedly short-handed. The chef/owner had the night off and it was a holiday weekend, so were quite crowded. One couple got up and left when they were left sitting, waiting for menus. The specials sounded much more impressive than they tasted, though my husband's steak was cooked well and had excellent flavor. We'd wanted to order dessert but due to the slow service and how far behind the kitchen was, we decided against.

Reviewed June 5, 2013

We read about this place here on Tripadvisor and had to try it. It was a great find on our vacation, and we had dinner here twice. It's only 5 miles from the North Entrance, and since we stayed in Mammoth, it was convenient. It opens at 5:00 for dinner. Menu was a combination of regional specials (elk burgers) and standard fare - lasagna, chicken, steaks. There were three specials: a pasta special - penne with eggplant; a sockeye salmon with andouille sausage hash; and halibut in a Thai curry sauce. Both nights I had the salmon and it was very good. Everyone overcooks fish in my opinion, but it was ok. The portion size was adequate and not overwhelming. A nice crisp salad with a tangy vinaigrette came with it, and they had a nice local selection of beer. My partner had the chicken with mushrooms and a mustard sauce one night, and the lasagna with bison meat the next. Both were good, but she thought the chicken had more depth of flavor. Dessert was a huckleberry creme brulee. When in MT, have huckleberries!

Service was fine - a bit rushed - but friendly and chatty. They didn't rush US, but they seemed rushed....not sure they were fully staffed for the summer season yet. It's a pretty casual place with very good food. Give it a shot!

Reviewed June 4, 2013

I assumed I wouldn't find good vegetarian dining in Gardiner, but The Raven Grill sure proved me wrong. They had a pasta eggplant special that was lovely, especially when paired with the wine and the view of the mountains. Well worth a visit.

Reviewed June 2, 2013

Nevermore will you have to search for an excellent restaurant at or near Yellowstone National Park. We had a wonderful meal at The Raven Grill that surpassed any meal one can get in the big city. One meal was not enough and we dined twice at the grill the week before Memorial Day. On the first evening, we had the Salmon, the day's special. It was delicious, as were the Delmonico potatoes and vegtables accompanying it. The salad was amazing.

The second night my son again had salmon, although it was prepared differrently and I had the Buffalo steak. Both were great. The sauce on the steak brought out the dense texture and unique flavor of the steak.

The service was excellent and the waitresses, coming in the flavors of Petticoat Junction, were comely, warm, and efficient.

Be warned, the small dining area fills up quickly and you may have to wait. We ensured we came early each evening to be seated.

There are two places you must visit while in Yellowstone. Old Faithful and The Raven Grill. Enjoy!

Been to The Raven Grill? Share your experiences!