“Feels like home”

Ranked #5 of 6 Gardiner B&B and Inns
Gilbert, Arizona
“Feels like home”
Reviewed July 29, 2010

This was a nice place to relax after a long day in Yellowstone. Julie had warm cookies waiting for us when we returned and made a fabulous breakfast (not just juice and pastries here!) If you can, book one of the third floor bedrooms with a private bath. This is off the beaten path but well worth the visit!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with friends

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Regina,Saskatchewan
Reviewed June 15, 2010

Yellowstone Suites Bed and Breakfast, run by Julie Sharkich, is located in a handsomely restored Victorian-style home. We were warmly welcomed by Julie and her very well-behaved Labrador Retriever (luckily for us we love dogs and neither of us are allergic, because we weren't informed there was a dog on the premises when we booked our room - although the dog is mentioned on the B&B website). We stayed in the Jackson Room, which was well-stocked and cosy. Julie is a gracious and thoughtful host - everything was exactly where we expected to find it, and we woke to a hot breakfast in the morning.
The only other thing I would mention is that scented cleaning products are used in the B&B, which may be an issue if you are sensitive to artificial scents.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 14, 2010

I always check TripAdvisor before booking any vacation accommodation, and had read all the previous reviews of Yellowstone Suites. All I can say about the negative ones after our four night stay with Julie is: they must have stayed at a different place with a totally different innkeeper --or be unreasonably needy travelers.

The B & B is drop-dead gorgeous, beautifully maintained, and unbelievably close to YNP (two quick turns and you're entering the park under Roosevelt Arch). We fell alseep each night to the sound of the Yellowstone River running by the B&B. And we woke each morning to the sight of snow-covered Electric Peak outside our room window.

The innkeeper, Julie, is warm & friendly; very, very knowledgeable about the park and the area; available for any questions we had; and extremely accommodating when (EVERY traveler's worst nightmare): I got ill and had to be taken to the Mammoth Clinic --thankfully just a few miles away inside the park.

Also, Julie's B&B also seems to attract the nicest fellow travelers. We thoroughly enjoyed each morning's scrumptious breakfast talking with the other guests. So if you're planning a trip to Yellowstone, we heartily recommend a stay at Yellowstone Suites. -bob & alana

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
MT
Reviewed November 30, 2009

Yellowstone Suites was very comfortable, clean, and cozy. We had a great time with Julie and Dancer. Very accommodating and hospitable! Thank you!

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with family
Montana
Reviewed November 28, 2009

We had a wonderful stay at the Yellowstone Suites while visiting family in the Gardiner area over Thanksgiving weekend. It is a beautifully restored historical home with very clean and comfortable rooms! Julie is a very friendly accommodating host and we loved her pup Dancer too!

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
Eatonton, Georgia
Reviewed September 7, 2009

Nice home, clean and nicely decorated, great access to the park. Breakfast was good, room and bed comfortable.
If you expect hospitality, go elsewhere. Julie is very short, and acts as though you are an inconvenience. She has a full time job and, I suppose, very little time for you or your questions or requests. I am used to finding friendly, joyful, and informative innkeepers. Is that not the reason for a B&B instead of a hotel? If in Gardner again, I will find other accommodations.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with friends
3 Thank GuidoZarducci
YellowstoneInnkeeper, Owner at Yellowstone Suites B&B, responded to this review, September 13, 2009
Hi, I’m Julie Sharkich, owner of Yellowstone Suites B&B. In addition to running the B&B I also teach special needs kids. Specifically kids with ADHD, emotional and environmental disabilities and Asperger’s syndrome (a high functioning form of autism). I am very proud of my involvement in both these career choices. Unfortunately, with today’s unstable economy and maintaining a 105 year old house, a small business owner such as myself in a small community of 800 people such as Gardiner cannot survive on the business income alone. The month of September proves to be a logistical challenge as the B&B is still selling out rooms every night and I am teaching 7 hours a day. I have always been forthcoming about my community involvement, as this is posted on my website, and noted in both the confirmation letter and reminder emails. I am also upfront with this information with guests when they check-in, and ask for their patience and understanding. Many of my guests have their own personal experiences with kids and disabilities and I find that this builds a common foundation of compassion between us. I regret that this guest was not satisfied with their stay, and I regret not being able to make this connection with them. But I am very proud that this day and every day, I help a kid to become successful in school, at work, in relationships and in the community.
DC
Reviewed July 24, 2009

We stayed at this B&B for a night during our trip to Yellowstone and Grand Teton.
Pros:
- fantastic location, very close to the North entrance of Yellowstone National Park
- House is nicely kept
- internet works great
Cons:
- The owner seems to be a rather nervous type. When we arrived, she was not there but had left good instructions - so we checked ourselves in. Since we didn't meet her that night, we couldn't let her know that we don't eat meat. Next day, at breakfast, she kind-of chewed us out for gently inquiring if the dish contains meat. She blamed us for not letting her know etc. (However, she didn't make any attempt to whip up a quick omelette or anything else even though all the necessary ingredients were right there in the fridge.) We ended up eating cereal - so breakfast was fine. I wish she were a bit more hospitable.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
YellowstoneInnkeeper, Owner at Yellowstone Suites B&B, responded to this review, August 7, 2009
First let me begin by offering my apologies. My intention was not to “chew you out” and I should have done a better job communicating. So please allow me to do so in this forum. Approximately 10 days before arrival, a reminder email is sent to guests that has check in information, directions to the Inn and also asks if there are special dietary restrictions. The detailed note left for you on the door also asked that if special diet was needed to please leave me note. I did not receive any indication that a special diet was required for you. Since I run this business by myself, which means I do all of the cooking, cleaning, maintenance, landscaping, reservations, marketing and financial duties, I quite often prepare the breakfast casserole and pastries the evening before and bake them in the morning. Planning the menus and organizing the preparation is crucial to me being able to maintain that all guests’ dietary requests are met. Also, I am a solely run bed & breakfast and I cannot compete on the same level with larger commercial restaurants. I can easily accommodate special diets with ADVANCE notice and make several attempts to ask the guest for this information. I again apologize that I was abrupt to you that morning. Thank you for allowing me to discuss this issue as there are two sides to every story. Julie Sharkich, Owner/Innkeeper