“First time was great”

Yellowstone Raft Company
More attraction details
Owner description: The Yellowstone Raft Co. pioneered rafting on the Yellowstone River in 1978 and continue to provide exciting, fun, and safe trips for families and visitors to Yellowstone National Park. We offer a variety of whitewater, scenic, kayaking, horseback, and hiking trips that can accommodate all ability levels and acquaint you with the greater Yellowstone area. Offering trips May-September, call about group discounts.
Reviewed September 2, 2013

I have been trying to talk my wife into taking a raft trip for years . Not being a big fan of water it was a real surprise for her to agree while we were visiting Yellowstone. We were late for our scheduled time but the staff was very accommodating and found us a guide. Her name was Liz and she was great , after just a few minutes she had my wife relaxed and enjoying herself.So much so that she wants to do it again. Our guide was also very knowledgeable and fun to be withon the water. I cant say enough about the whole staff and the experience.Definately would do it again. You guys rock!!

There are newer reviews for Yellowstone Raft Company

Reviewed August 29, 2013

Our family of 5 booked a 2 hr raft trip this summer and we had the best time. We did not want our time on the raft to end. Our guide was top notch and the folks back at the shop were super friendly. Thank you everyone at Yellowstone Raft Company!! We will be back again and again.

Reviewed August 26, 2013

My family enjoys Yellowstone Raft Co. every year (5 or 6 years running). From the ownership to the individual raft guides...this is the best in Gardiner. A first class entertainment at very reasonable rates. Betcha can't just ride with them only one year!

Reviewed August 25, 2013

The wife loves horses. I'm okay with them. I love a river. The wife is, "meh." But we've been putting up with each other for 25 years and part of that is doing what the other one loves to do. With low water in the Yellowstone in August, you weren't going to get the whitewater we're used to seeing, living near the Youghiogheny and New rivers. And the wife prefers floating to drowning anyway so we took a scenic float trip with YRC as part of a "Saddle and Paddle" package (I'll review the trailride separately). Having taken numerous float trips, I'm used to either doing a little paddling, doing it all, or floating in a tube. This part of the Yellowstone River north of Gardiner I could've done in a tube this time of year but instead we had a raft rowed by a guide, Josh, and both of us felt really bad he had to work so hard. I almost offered to take a turn at the oars but instead dropped him some $ at the end. Beautiful river, beautiful mountains, all just north of Yellowstone National Park, and all starting from the kind of quirky little tourist town we love. I'm confident the whitewater will be good in the spring.

Reviewed August 22, 2013

We went in August with two 65 year olds and an 8, 10, and 12 year old (and a 40 year old). it was one of the favorite things we did on our 10 day road trip. The 8 year old was very nervous but he loved it as much as everyone else! we'd do the entire day next time! The staff was very friendly (they have a really cool shop with the best t shirts!) and our guide was terrific (Rob)! He taught us a bunch about the river, the mountains around us, and had lots of stories. He was mellow and knew how to work with kids and grandparents. thanks Rob! We definitely got wet but the water felt good on a hot day. some of us also jumped in the water (that took my breath away even in August but after a minute, it felt plenty warm). The rapids were very manageable and it was fun to help paddle through them. As other reviewers have mentioned, this company puts in a little above where other rafting companies put in and goes a little further (due to this company working with and being OK'd by the National Park Service and the National Forest Service to provide this service). The scenery is beautiful, the rapids are a blast, and they capture some great pictures for you! I would highly recommend it!!

1  Thank Dece0005

Been to Yellowstone Raft Company? Share your experiences!