“Great experience”

Yellowstone Raft Company
More attraction details
Owner description: The Yellowstone Raft Co. pioneered rafting on the Yellowstone River in 1978 and continue to provide exciting, fun, and safe trips for families and visitors to Yellowstone National Park. We offer a variety of whitewater, scenic, kayaking, horseback, and hiking trips that can accommodate all ability levels and acquaint you with the greater Yellowstone area. Offering trips May-September, call about group discounts.
Madison, Wisconsin
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Great experience”
Reviewed July 18, 2013

We took the full day Whitewater trip and thoroughly enjoyed the day.

It was the first whitewater trip for the majority of my family, and it was just what I'd hoped. The river was accommodating (reasonable whitewater) and some nice flat water to relax and enjoy the scenery. Lunch was nice along the river as well.

Our experience with both the company, the staff and our guide for the day (Daniel) were all very good. I'd recommend to friends without reservation.

Visited July 2013

Norman, Oklahoma, United States
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Great fun for family! Best choice in the area!”
Reviewed July 17, 2013

Took my children, ages 9 and 11, on this float. This was the first every river trip for them. They had a great time and wanted to go again.

Casey was our guide and he was terrific. He was entertaining and very professional.

The staff at the store was very friendly and accomodating to all requests.

Visited July 2013
Richmond, Michigan, United States
“Awesome people and experience”
Reviewed July 9, 2013

This was my families first time white water rafting and for a beginner experience this was fantastic. I have sons 8 and 13 and they both enjoyed themselves. The best part of the trip was the staff. They were energetic, helpful, funny and skilled. I felt comfortable taking my young son and appreciated their focus on safety first. Would definitely raft with them again.

schoonmeister
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Choose this place if you want to go rafting!”
Reviewed July 3, 2013

If you go rafting, I would go here. Take the full day raft trip--it is worth going the entire day!

When comparing raft companies, it was hard to decide. All charge about the same price (within a couple of dollars). I chose Yellowstone Raft Company since they have been around the longest and they are the only ones that have permits to launch from inside the park.

The weather was good. They offered wetsuits which were nice to have in late June (but it is borderline if you really need then at this time of year). The guides were great--very friendly and knowledgeable. We have two kids ages 10 and 13 and both kids loved the raft trip. There were 9 people going on the all day trip, and they had us split up into two boats. I don't know if they usually do that, but it was nice that the four of us were in one boat and five in the other (plus a guide). Other raft trips on the river that same day looked like they had a lot more people on board. They serve you lunch on the river on the full day trip--not fancy (deli sandwiches) but it was good. They have a dry bag on board as well. Bring water and sunscreen! Repeat--sunscreen--you need it!

As mentioned above take the full day trip. You go through Yankee Jim Canyon on the all day trip. That is worth it. If you are not sure about a raft trip, it is a lot of fun, and it is safe. My wife is not one for the big thrill ride and the guide was able to make the trip a balance of fun and thrill without going overboard.

This business knows how to do it right. It is clear that they enjoy what they are doing and they want to please the customer. I would recommend this place to anyone wanting to take a raft trip.

1 Thank schoonmeister
Southport, North Carolina
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Great whitewater adventure”
Reviewed June 28, 2013

Our family group of 10 had a great time rafting on the Yellowstone River. The company was very accommodating when we needed to change our reservation time. The guide, Parker, gave clear instructions and gave commentary on what we saw along the route. Best of all, our youngest family member and a parent were able to join our raft during the calmer, second half of the trip.

Visited June 2013

Been to Yellowstone Raft Company? Share your experiences!