Yellowstone Village Inn
ComfortInn
$277
$246
TripAdvisor
Mammoth Hot Springs Hotel & Cabins(Yellowstone National Park)
  • Restaurant
All reviewsbagelscontinental breakfastfront lawnindoor pooltether ballplace to stayflat screen tvroom was spotlessspent one nighttwo bedroom suiteafter a long daythe north endstayed here for two nightsbeds were comfortableno elevatorno frillslamar valley
Reviewed October 10, 2006

I stayed 3 nights in late May based on recommendations of some folks I know. I found the staff helpful and my room more than met my expectations. Hotel is just outside the busy area of Gardiner but still within walking distance to a few restaurants. I would definately stay again.

• Stayed: September 2006, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank Skeets37
Reviewed August 27, 2005

The location of the Inn is quite nice - overlooks some mountains and the town of Gardiner is a few blocks down the road.

The Inn itself has sort of a "rustic chic" feel to it - lots of unfinished wood moldings and furniture in the room. The lobby had cardboard cutouts of John Wayne...

Breakfast was pretty poor.

I didn't get a feeling that they had a lot of customer service training - there was a jar on the front counter saying "ashes of problem customers" - that's a pretty poor attitude to have considering most customers are paying over $100 a night.

Likely would look elsewhere next time.

Stayed: August 2005
8  Thank Benjamin M.
A TripAdvisor Member
Livonia, MI
Reviewed August 22, 2005

We stayed at the Yellowstone Village Inn for 2 nights in August, 2005. The room was nice - not spectacular but a good size and the beds were very comfortable. The view from our window was very nice - we had a great view of Sepulcher Mountain and Electric Peak. We liked the fact that it was a little out of town - not busy but convenient to shopping, restaurants, etc. The staff was very nice. Breakfast, as has been noted before, was not much - toast, small bagels, muffins coffee/tea and apples; either eat breakfast somewhere in town or plan on an early lunch. We enjoyed our stay very much!

• Stayed: August 2005
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed August 1, 2005

The rooms were dirty. The pool had human waste. The breakfast wasn't even a breakfast at all! The management was very unhelpful! I do not recommend staying here!

• Stayed: September 2003
4  Thank ILoveYellowstone
A TripAdvisor Member
Defiance, MO
Reviewed July 10, 2005

For $120 a night, I expected nicer towels, soft TP & soft tissues. Also there was NO AC and it was pretty warm during the day while we were there. They advertise laundry availabilty, but the doors were locked to the laundry room and our keys didn't open them. Also the hot tub was out of service for the duration of our stay. Pretty disappointing for the price.

1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member