“A great experience”

Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Gardiner
Clarksville, Tennessee
“A great experience”
Reviewed December 17, 2013

Tom and the staff were extremely helpful and friendly. Things like little notes went far beyond what was necessary. The room was very clean (and spacious for the money). Very convenient to Yellowstone and nestled in the wonderful small town of Gardiner, Montana. Would absolutely stay again.

Room Tip: We stayed in a corner room on the top floor. Nice and quiet with a nice view
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Geoff--TN

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (127)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
New York City, New York
Reviewed December 8, 2013

we had planned 2 days to visit yellowstone ( short I know ) and needed a place to sleep very close or in the park. After shopping around chose this place and I am so happy I did. Honestly was a bit nervous, because you don't have so many options I I thought there won't be much ti rev about probably just basics. But boy I was wrong. This place is like a huge cabin, although very basic indeed, with the room a tad small ( it was me, bf and parents ), it was very clean, cozy, sheets nice and crisp and white, bedding very warm, I loved the owner and clerk at the reception ( very helpful and friendly ), we even got a welcome card from them on our bed ( Dear X family...) even though it seems such a trivial thing, I am always traveling on a budget and usually don't expect extra things like that, and this one really made me feel special. They even had a small outdoor kitchen to use after 10 pm in case you need to worm up something. They had a very nice set u p with coffee and tea by reception which I enjoyed because it was getting dark and cold. The breakfast was another nice surprise, although a very small place and quaint, it was very rich ( french toast yam yam ++ ). all in all, loved it, will defineatly go again and recommend

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank DiaA13
Clay City, Indiana
Reviewed November 11, 2013

My husband and I stayed in a lot of hotels over the years,some of them more expensive than this one including suites, and none of them topped on how helpful the staff is and clean everything was. And the view was good too. Not spectacular but that was not the hotels fault. It was really pretty the next morning. When we checked in and ask the lady if she could recommend a restaurant she said go to "The Raven" and gave us directions and she was right! We met another couple there who had trouble finding a place still serving that late in the evening(it was after9:00pm).I'm sorry I don't remember her name. When I was having trouble with my computer so I could book our next night stay as we were leaving to head back home to Indiana, they let me use their computer in the office. How often do you get that type of service. This place and people wereFANTASTIC!!!

• Stayed September 2013
3 Thank Zurcher2times
Williams Bay, Wisconsin
Reviewed November 4, 2013

Stayed here for 2 nights to visit Yellowstone. Basically 1 mile from Yellowstone north entrance. The rooms here a kind of small but clean and functional. Didn't appear to be anything lodes better in town. The breakfast room could be bigger and there is only one elevator, but that was never a problem.

2 Thank bigguy6
Ormond Beach, Florida
Reviewed October 22, 2013

This is an older, let's call it 'quaint', facility. The property is well maintained. Rooms are okay, and on the small side. The breakfast area is minuscule - 5 or 6 tables for 4. A plus is that you get to talk to lots of other guests. The staff makes every effort to make guests feel welcome: a personal note on the bed, and lots of helpful information. They recommended Ravens for dinner and it was excellent. The cost was a bit high ($159), but it is a matter of supply and demand. (If we return, we will check out the Super 8 which looked lovely and new.)

Room Tip: We had an upper level room.
Seattle
Reviewed October 15, 2013

I ended up waiting until the last second during the height of summer travel season to make our hotel reservations but managed to find a good rate on a suite at Yellowstone Park Travelodge. I don't usually stay with Travelodge but did not regret my decision. This is a very well mantained location with comfortable beds and spacious clean rooms. There is a view of Roosevelt Arch at the park's entrance which is one mile away from the second floor balcony.

One thing that I really disliked was the fact that the only working air conditioning unit was closed away back in the bedroom. As a result, the bedroom often was freezing while the rest of the room stuffy and hot. Thankfully, the window to the living room area opened and had a window fan, but that was only useful during the evening hours once the temperature began to drop. I also disliked the slow wifi but that is to be expected in a remote place such as Gardiner.

I will likely stay here again on my next trip to Yellowstone.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank desertgirlmel
Nashville, Illinois, United States
Reviewed October 12, 2013

What a beautiful mountain view from our second floor room. They had a elevator to use. Comfortable and clean room. Staff helpful for the questions we had. The evening lady on duty was especially friendly, helpful and very professional. A good variety of breakfast items for our breakfast enjoyment.

Room Tip: Request a second or third floor for excellent view of the mountains
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Gardiner
Comfort Inn Yellowstone North
Best Western By Mammoth Hot Springs
Mammoth Hot Springs Hotel & Cabins
Mammoth Hot Springs Hotel & Cabi...
#2 of 6 in Yellowstone National Park
Super 8 Gardiner/Yellowstone Park Area
Yellowstone Gateway Inn
Yellowstone Gateway Inn
#1 of 6 in Gardiner
Yellowstone's Absaroka Lodge

Been to Rodeway Inn and Suites? Share your experiences!