“Decent place with good service and nice staff”

Super 8 Gardiner/Yellowstone Park Area
Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Gardiner
Reviewed August 2, 2010

I just wrote a bad review for another Super 8 so I figured I should write a good one for this place since it was a good experience. Room was clean, staff were very friendly and helpful, breakfast was really good...all in all, a nice place. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Super 8 Gardiner/Yellowstone Park Area

Reviewed July 17, 2010

Hotels are overpriced everywhere in Gardiner. I stayed here 1 night, because the Yellowstone Village Inn was full one of the nights I was in Gardiner. The Yellowstone Village Inn offers the best price in the area for a reasonable room. The room at Super 8 was decent for a Super 8. The exterior of the building makes it look scary, but the rooms are reasonable. They come with a refridgerator and microwave. There is a laundry room if you need it, but there is only one washer and dryer. The service desk will sell you single supplies of laundry detergent and fabric softener for $.50. The free continental breakfast is marginal.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled solo
1  Thank mathstud
Reviewed July 11, 2010

We managed to get the last room available the day before we checked in (midweek) - had planned to spend two days in West Yellowstone, but thought it would be easier to get to Cody, WY, from the north entrance because of all the road construction in the park. It turned out to be a good decision.

This is the 2nd Super 8 hotel of our 10 day round trip from Denver and the location is great and check-in was speedy. About 1/2 mile north of Gardiner's main street with shops and restaurants and the north gateway to Yellowstone. You'll recognize the arch entryway from the PBS series on America's National Parks. Like the Super 8 in Rexburg, ID, there is no refrigerator in the room. Very noisy with kids shooting off fireworks outside the rear of the hotel. The high-speed internet was spotty. There are two buildings and we were told that each one has its own wireless system. It was sold out the night we stayed and the free breakfast was decimated about 20 minutes after it started. We ate at one of the Gardiner eateries before starting our trek to Cody. I don't know that we'd stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank kcl491
Reviewed June 13, 2010

The Super 8 in Gardiner, MT is an excellent base camp for Yellowstone National Park. The entrance to Yellowstone is less than a mile or so with the Mamoth Springs site within 5 miles or so. The hotels inside the park are expensive and over rated (we peeked in the rooms being cleaned while at Old Faithful). The Super 8 was a way better value for the price and location is excellent set in the cute mountain town of Gardiner. Restaurant prices were better in Gardiner as well compared to inside the park. Our two boys enjoyed the indoor pool each night. Laundry facilities (coin laundry) were great as we stayed over a week and our clothing options were getting low. Breakfast was the standard cereal, toast, bagels, fruit, coffee, juices, but it was free and starting your day off with a free meal in a tourist area is a blessing. It was enough to get us early risers ( breakfast @ 6:30 am) filled and in the park enjoying the view before the rush.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank Travel_Bug_from_WI
Reviewed June 1, 2010

We stayed here for one night on our way to Yellowstone. It was fine for one night, but not sure I would want to stay here much longer. The room was outdated (although bathroom was updated - which was a pleasant surprise). My only real complaint is that it is very overpriced for what you get. Also, we were placed on the 3rd floor and there are no elevators. This would not have been a problem if we did not have to lug up large suitcases three flights of stairs. The free internet was nice, though. Breakfast is very basic and very crowded, so don't expect much there. But again, if you are just passing through for one night it is fine. For longer stays, I would check out other hotels or a b&b.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank skates26
Reviewed May 27, 2010

My husband and I arrived at Gardiner Located at the North Yellowstone and checked in to Super eight hotel. When we first got there the staff a older man, older women, and a young guy were there when we checked in. They were nice and told us what roads were open, how to get to places in the park, and the young guy even told us places to eat that night. We left 4 hours visited YellowStone and then came back to eat and go back to the hotel. We had terrible service at the local steak restraunt, and then went back to the hotel to get our room card. When we checked in they say that we dont have a reservation there, and no one listed under our name. I said there has to be we were just here 4 hours ago and paid for a room, and had a 45 min conversation with both of you. They both looked at me and my husband and said "We don't know who you are, we have never seen you, or spoken to you or your husband. I started to recall our conversations, and what we had talked about, and agian they said they had never seen or spoken to us. So the younger guy askes my husband if he had a receipt? My husband said ,'Yeah it's in the car and the young guys says," Yeah well that would help, rudely. So while my husband looked for the receipt the young man looks through the receipts and asked where we were from, i told him our state and then he reads of our Business name off the receipt. I said "Yeah that is our family business why is the room under that name and not our personal names? He said," Well the older women must of been tired and put it under the name on our business card. So he changes our room under our name and starts reading the notes on the transaction and then remember that he did sell me postcards and help me find two cents change. Then he says to me rudely well if you had said two cents I would of remember the transaction. Like it was my fault , I said to him. "I'm just glad you found us, we told you we had a reservation. They never apologized for the mix up and continued to be rude, and I still dont think the older man remembered who we were. They were both rude and strange. Like something had taken over there body it was like they weren't even the same people I creeped us out, we didn't sleep all night. We felt a evil presence in our room. We think the place is haunted. Don't stay in Gardiner Super 8. We went to west yellow stone the next day and stayed in the town right outside the entrance. Same price as hotels, great places to eat, and wonderful and kind people.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Evelyn777
Reviewed April 24, 2010

My husband and I stay in a lot of Super 8 hotels while travelling in the US and this one really stands out for comfort, amenities and immaculate presentation. Better than usual breakfast, convivial hosts, nice indoor heated pool and a room which we thought was brand new.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Gardiner
Rodeway Inn and Suites
Rodeway Inn and Suites
#2 of 8 in Gardiner
Comfort Inn Yellowstone North
Best Western By Mammoth Hot Springs
Mammoth Hot Springs Hotel & Cabins
Mammoth Hot Springs Hotel & Cabi...
#1 of 6 in Yellowstone National Park
Yellowstone's Absaroka Lodge
Yellowstone Gateway Inn
Yellowstone Gateway Inn
#1 of 6 in Gardiner

Been to Super 8 Gardiner/Yellowstone Park Area? Share your experiences!