“Best restaurant I have ever eaten at!”

Lighthouse Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 34 Restaurants in Gardiner
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: The Lighthouse Restaurant is located in a large 6000 Square foot structure that was built in the 1920's. The main dining room is constructed with wood and logs and has a nice, warm and casual atmosphere.We are located 7 miles north of Gardiner off of highway 89 and the restaurant is surrounded by beautiful mountains and is located 1 mile away from the historic natural wonder (The Devil's Slide). We are open May 21 through September 21 each season.
Reviewed July 12, 2013 via mobile

I came here with some friends for dinner and my expectations were greatly exceeded! The food was excellent and so tasty! I was amazed at how everything they use is local and organic whenever possible! 5 out of 5!

Reviewed July 12, 2013

I had the NY strip - dry aged 30 days - and it was the best steak I've had in my life. Perfectly cooked medium rare with a sauce that enhanced the steak's flavor. The creamed spinach was also very good. My wife had the cheese steak sandwich which was immense (she had the second half the next day for lunch). Tender, rare roast beef... Prices were very reasonable considering the quality of the freshly made food. And to top it off, the owner/our server Rob approached his job with a passion you rarely find in restaurants, especially for someone so young. Highly recommend The Lighthouse to anyone visiting Gardiner.

Reviewed July 12, 2013

Got there at 5.30pm and people were queuing for the doors to open. We were seated and served promptly. Our server, Rob, was excellent - friendly and knowledgeable about the food. I had Thai Lime Fish and my husband had the NY Steak - both were very tasty. An added bonus was being able to bring our own bottle of wine.

Reviewed July 12, 2013

the best place we ate the whole trip, the best food and best service with great prices. i would eat there at least once a week if this restaurant was in my town. owner and wife are really great host. you can go causal and relax our bill was 24.00 and it was so good i tipped 20.00. we had three people eat with 2 beers desert was on the house. we felt like he did that to everyone.

Reviewed July 11, 2013

Food was outstanding. Everything is local, fresh and organic. Very accommodating for gluten free as well - most items could be prepared either way including the decadent truffle Mac n cheese. Taste of the Strip steaks matched the managers description of a dry aged well marinated piece of beef. Most other dishes had a Thai flare and were again were nicely prepared. the sauces were delicious yet not I overly spicy. The Osaka roll was mediocre as far as not having a unique taste and the desserts were good but not varied. At mammoth springs hotel we got a coupon for the restaurant that allowed us two free desserts and the manager gave us the gluten free one free as well.

The only downside was the pace of the meal. While we appreciate prompt service, we all felt rushed even our children. We didn't have time to enjoy each course or talk about our day. By dessert we asked them to slow down and they did but I wish I had asked earlier.