“Bad experience”

Lighthouse Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 33 Restaurants in Gardiner
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: The Lighthouse Restaurant is located in a large 6000 Square foot structure that was built in the 1920's. The main dining rom is constructed with wood and logs and has a nice, warm and casual atmosphere.We are located 7 miles north of Gardiner off of highway 89 and the restaurant is surrounded by beautiful mountains and is located 1 mile away from the historic natural wonder (The Devil's Slide). We are open May 21 through September 30 each season.
Millbrook, New York
“Bad experience”
Reviewed September 22, 2012

We just ate here last night which was their last night before closing for the season (which may be part of the problem). The waiter was very pleasant, but we never received the sodas or salads that we ordered. My husband and I both ordered pasta, but my marinara and his cream sauce were exactly the same. When I told our waiter there was a mistake, he insisted I had never had homemade marinara. He also recommended we have beef with our pasta rather than chicken or shrimp. The beef was tough and not very good. When we received our check we were charged for the sodas and salads. The waiter had no idea we didn't receive them, but he graciously removed them from our bill.
I am surprised so many people rated this restaurant highly.

• Visited September 2012

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Laurel, Maryland
“Great little place”
Reviewed September 20, 2012

Loved this little restaurant in the middle of nowhere. Great quality, unexpectedly. creative dishes at unbelievable prices. Friendly waitstaff. Dessert was delicious...try the chocolate or carrot cake.

• Visited September 2012
Salisbury, North Carolina
“Jewel of a place”
Reviewed September 15, 2012

So happy to find this wonderful restaurant just outside of Gardiner. The service was amazing with friendly and knowledgeable staff. The food was incredible, and what a bargin after paying national park service prices! Make sure you save room for dessert, we had a slice of the most incredible carrot cake ever! Enjoy!

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank mistyrainbow
Austin, Texas
“Interesting combination”
Reviewed September 15, 2012

Thai food and burgers. All ingrediants are incredibly fresh.
BYOB, they will keep it cold in their freezer. Friendly helpful service, especially the sister of the chef. Prices are unbelievely low, especially for a tourist area.

Visited August 2012
1 Thank prado1122
Salisbury
“Don't miss this if you're in the area!”
Reviewed September 3, 2012

What a find in an area with so few choices. I read about this place in Trip Advisor and decided to give it a try. My wife and I spent two nights in Mammoth Hot springs, and after a disappointing meal at the Mammoth Dining Room we headed for the Lighthouse the next evening. It's about a 20 minute drive from Mammoth. The service was prompt and very friendly. My wife had the steak sandwich and I tried the tuna melt. Both were outstanding. The truffle mac & cheese was a standout. The clam chowder sent my senses on a short trip to Cape Cod. Try the desserts too. They're all made on site. The carrot cake was moist and delicious. I cannot recommend this place highly enough.

• Visited August 2012