“Dont go there”
Review of Wokking Panda - CLOSED

Wokking Panda
Cuisines: Chinese
Description: The restaurant is directly across the road/highway from Mammoth Hot Springs Best Western Hotel
Reviewed July 22, 2014

We were hungry and always like Chinese food. The lady at the counter was very nice so it pains me to give them a bad review. We ordered Kung Paoo chicken and Generals Tsos chicken. We actually had to ask which was which as we couldnt tell. The Generals Tsos was almost black and not crunchy at all. The only saving grace was that you could put hot pepper sauce on the food. The restaurant had no ambiance at all. This was the worst meal I had on this last trip.

Reviewed July 18, 2014

Easily the best egg rolls we have ever had. Very large, great filling, fried to perfection. Two of these will make a meal. Our main courses were pretty bland. Fresh ingredients, just no flavor. Seating area was dirty. We took the food back to our hotel room.

Reviewed June 7, 2014

We lived in Taiwan for 5 years and miss good Chinese food. This wasn't as good as Taiwan but family style good food. Huge portions and when we asked for more Chinese taste than American taste they did it. They were friendly and extremely accommodating. Prices were good also and plenty of food. When we went in to the restaurant we noticed mostly Chinese people there. It wasn't clean and organized like most people would expect and that is the reason for only a 3 rating. Still we would return if here again.

Reviewed May 7, 2014

I walked in and consulted the takeout menu. I ordered the tofu stir fry. The lady at the front counter said "so sorry, no tofu". I asked if they had chop suey with bean sprouts. "So sorry, no bean sprouts. I asked what they had that was vegetarian: "nine vegetables!" What are they? "cabbage, carrot, canned bamboo shoots, canned water chestnuts.... maybe broccoli....not sure". OK how about the vegetable lo mein? " only with carrots and cabbage, no other vegetable. No other vegetable before Memorial Day".

To which I replied: I'm vegetarian before, after and during Memorial Day. No thanks, I'll eat elsewhere.

Reviewed October 2, 2013

This little restaurant was within walking distance from our hotel and we had been craving Asian food so it was the perfect place to stop for dinner. This is more of a take-out business, but they do have a few booths. We were greeted by the owner who gave us a menu and told us she would take our order at the counter. We selected two egg rolls, Item 8, the meat and vegetable combo in brown sauce and an order of steamed rice and a pot of tea. We were warned at the hotel, and it was no exaggeration, the portions are huge. This is not the world's best Asian food.....it was just alright.