“Great food”

Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Takeout
Edinburgh, Indiana
“Great food”
Reviewed June 22, 2011

If you like Mexican food then this place is for you. The salsa is freshly made everyday and the food is prepared when ordered. The portions are large and a great value for the money. Adults and kids can both enjoy great food. We ate there many times.

• Visited June 2011

TheHague
“Tex-Mex at its very finest”
Reviewed February 8, 2011

Fantastic Tex-Mex food, great ambience and the owners make a real point of being environmentally-responsible, with little in the way of disposable items, the focus being on recycling. Makes a nice change from the usual throw-away culture in the Midwest.

Easily the best place to eat in Gardiner.

• Visited August 2010
Holland, Michigan
“Not what it first appears - awesome food!!!”
Reviewed September 8, 2010

After reading the two previous reviews on Silvertip, we tried it this evening (after K Bar last night). Walked in, saw beer bottles selection displayed above an ice cream cooler, Mexican menu on the wall - confused a bit. Wasn't sure about seating, saw some tables in the back. Placed an order for two meals and a beer, waited a few minutes and it was ready. Awesome food, dinner for two with a beer for under $20. Both mild and hot salsas was incredible. Go into this with a bit of an open mind and you will be rewarded with great food. I so wished Silvertip was located in my town.

Springfield, VA
“Best Food in the Yellowstone Area”
Reviewed August 9, 2010

After so-so food and/or high prices in West Yellowstone and inside the YNP, I was so excited to find The Silvertip in Gardiner (North Entrance) on Aug 7. The relaxed look of it with outdoor tables, and the lure of Mexican food after so much bison and burgers were irresistible. Since I could not decide what to order among the quesadillas, burritos, tacos, etc., I asked the staff what they would eat if it was there first time there. While the suggestion of pork soft tacos was not something I would normally choose, I figured, if the guys cooking it like it, I should go for it. And wow, was I glad. The pork was marinated and seasoned perfectly and the red chile sauce was excellent. This was simply the best, and best-priced, meal I ate during my entire week in MT/YNP. I would go back there multiple times and heartily recommend it.

Ohio
“Great food, friendly people”
Reviewed August 1, 2010

When we first made our way to Gardiner, we were looking for the Silvertip because we were going to stay in the attached apartment. Also, their web site listed their cuisine as more of a BBQ menu, which is right up my alley. When we got there, we discovered that the menu had changed to more of a Mexican style, but we decided to go ahead and eat there anyway since we had been on the road all day. It was a good decision. Their portions are huge, the prices are reasonable, and most importantly, the food is GOOD. As we discovered during our stay, they still slow cook some of their meats in a smoker, and the smell wafting its way through the area was a delightful torture.
The staff mainly consisted of a couple college-age folk, and while most tourist areas I have been to before have employees who are less than happy to be working, I am happy to say that was not the case at the Silvertip. Everyone we had contact with had a smile and a welcoming demeanor, and were glad to help us with whatever we needed.
The dining area itself is sort of small and rustic, but most diners were seated out on the deck in the front of the restaurant enjoying the pleasant weather. Overall, if I ever find myself back in Gardiner again someday, this will probably be the first place I go back to.

1 Thank ThriftyBuckeye