“Great family restaurant”

Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Takeout
Pennsylvania
“Great family restaurant”
Reviewed July 9, 2013

We ate at the Cowboy Grill and it's very rustic, good food, good service but don't expect them to bring you a straw or water unless you ask. In fact, the information on the table says so. If you want good food at a good price - it's worth it. If you're looking for table cloths, gourmet and special attention, it's not the place for you.

Visited July 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Lebanon, OR
“Okay food, decent service”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

We came into Gardiner after a long day in the park to grab some dinner. Came across Cowboy's and decided to give it a shot. Loved the décor! Beautiful log cabin style building. We were seated immediately. Lots to choose from on the menu. Food was okay...not the best BBQ I have had, but we all ate without complaint. My only complaint was the bill. On the kids menu, they have a BBQ plate. Two of my kids ordered it, but we were charged 2 different prices on the bill. It was only a dollar difference, so not a big deal, but I was still was curious. When I asked the cashier, she told me that the prices had changed recently after a staff meeting. When I stated that they should have explained this to me when my kids were ordering, the waitress came over and said "Well, that's why I only offered them the pulled pork or chicken rather than the ribs or brisket." They did correct the price on the bill, but they still need to correct the menu to avoid confusion in the future. We probably won't try this place again when we come back to Yellowstone next year.

Visited July 2013
Schertz, Texas
“Just OK”
Reviewed July 7, 2013

We ate here twice because we were staying right across the street. The food is good, nothing spectacular. I had barbequed chicken the first time and it was just okay. I was just glad to be eating something other than a hamburger and fries. The next time I had pulled pork and I didn't like it at all. I am from Texas and am used to really great barbeque so maybe I am biased? The sides were good...I liked the baked beans and I also had mashed potatoes, green beans, and the homemade kettle chips which were good! This is an average place with decent food nothing to write home about!

Visited June 2013
Silver Spring, MD
“Good Steaks”
Reviewed July 6, 2013

We forgot that it was Fathers Day and from the look of the parking lot, didn't expect to get a table for the four of us. However, our seating was quick and considering the holiday, the service was relatively quick.
Our steaks were cooked to perfection and my wife's Manhattan cocktail was perfectly made. The drinks were very reasonably prices and the food par for the season.

Visited June 2013
silver spring md
“Good barbecue”
Reviewed July 5, 2013

We ate here on the recommendation of hotel staff. The restaurant was crowded on a Sunday evening. We were seated after a very short wait. There were four of us and we all tried different barbecued meats--chicken, brisket, pork, and ribs. All were delicious. There was a wide selection of sides which were very good. We would go back here when in Gardiner.

• Visited June 2013