“Super park with super views”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Gardiner
Rocky Mountain RV Park and Cabins
Reviewed July 2, 2012

A first class RV park with some of the best views anywhere in the world. You are on a bluff above the Yellowstone river overlooking the town and Yellowstone Park. Elk and deer wander in the park. The bathrooms are to die for, I only wish I had used their designer when I built my home. It has all the hookups, water, sewer, 50 amp electric, wifi, cable tv. The staff was great, gave us perfect recommendations for day trips, places to eat and things to do. It will become our Yellowstone base for years to come.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
11  Thank Tim w

Reviewed July 2, 2012

We stayed for 5 nights in a cabin and our parents joined us with their RV. We had a Deluxe Cabin and it was beyond great. The cabin is about the size of a hotel room and has a queen bed in one room. There was a same bunk room we didn't need that would work great for a couple of smaller kids. The shower and vanity area was small, but totally functional. The cabin was spotless. The best parts, the price was less than any hotel room we could find in the area and the cabin sites on a bluff overlooking the Yellowstone River and Yellowstone Park. You just can't buy views like this. We watched rafters and elk and bighorn sheep out the window. There is a picnic table and a propane grill outside and we spent a lot of time just hanging out.
Our parents said the RV site was just as good. It had 50 amp electrical, was big enough for their 38 foot fifth wheel and was level. There is good wifi service. This place is a slam dunk for visiting Yellowstone Park.

Room Tip: Book early, they were full every day we were there.
10  Thank Danny R
Reviewed June 28, 2012

This was our 2nd time to this park (4 years apart). We were a group of 19 people.
The first time was pleasant, but a little run down. On our 2nd visit, they had done many upgrades and the park was really nice.

BUT, we were greeted by the owner with a VERY condescending attitude. She told us that quiet time was 10pm and all fires needed to be out by 10:30!! What?
She also told one of the members of our group that we only get one warning before she would kick us out. And she said "follow the rules, I don't wanna have to come up there".

It was unfortunate for us, because by the time that the last person checked in and we started comparing stories, we all wanted to leave, but our trailers were already set up and we wanted to spend our time exploring the park instead.

I will never go back to this park and I will definitely NOT recommend it to friends. There are other parks in the area that would be happy to take my money and probably greet me with a smile. :)

1  Thank Hakeber88
Reviewed June 25, 2012

This was the second time we have stayed at Rocky Mountain for the proximity to Yellowstone - the location can't be beat. This time the place was spruced up quite nicely and the bathrooms / showers are awesome! But... The sites are pretty narrow and you have to pay extra for a fire pit. Additionally, the office staff are extremely rude. They make assumptions, are condescending and completely unhelpful. There are also a lot of picky rules here - example, they tell you what time your camp fire needs to be put out...? The overall value is ok if you're willing to put up with the grouchy office staff and some restrictions.

1  Thank EJP_123
Reviewed January 15, 2012

We, (family of 5) stayed here in 2010 and enjoyed it enough to book 8 nights in 2011. We found the staff very friendly and helpful. beautiful site up top, backed into, with a view over yellowstone river and the north entrance. Not sure on why some call the place noisey, we stayed both times in July, peak season, of course we were in Yellowstone all day and back to the site in the evening. we could hear the rafters having fun on the river, but not loud enough to bother us. Will we be back? Bet on it.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank jeff b
Reviewed August 26, 2011

We enjoyed a nice two night stay here while exploring Northern Yellowstone National Park. We found the staff friendly and polite. We were on the lower level and had no problem leaving and parking when we returned from our excursions. Yes, there was a lot of new RVs arriving daily, but the gentleman in the gold cart handled this traffic admirably. We had no problems with noise when trying to sleep.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank Dar K
Reviewed August 10, 2011

First, I have to say I really enjoyed the location. We were able to view Electric Peak, the town of Gardiner, and the entrance of Yellowstone from our site. I thought the bathrooms were clean and nice, and the layout of the park was thoughtful.
However, I agree with the previous reviewers. The staff and owners could use a lesson on good customer service. First my almost 80 year old father was treated rudely when he couldn't find his Good Sam card right away. Then when I asked about Chico Hot Springs (how far away it was and how much it cost) the woman curtly replied, "look it up in the phone book." Now I don't know about you, but do you have a local phone book with you when traveling in an RV? She could have handed me her phone book, looked it up for me, or asked someone. Finally after looking through their brochures I couldn't find it. I asked her to look it up.
Customer service costs very little, but it yields great results.
I generally liked the location and the layout. I just wish the owners and staff enjoyed helping visitors.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family