Montana Whitewater Rafting and Zipline on the Yellowstone River
$47.00*
and up
Half Day White-Water Raft Trip on the Yellowstone River
More attraction details
Owner description: Raft the Yellowstone River at the North Entrance to Yellowstone Park. We offer half day and full day whitewater trips and half day scenic trips. Fun splashy waves and gorgeous scenery. Water not your thing? Come try our Paradise Valley Zipline Tour! Four zips ranging from 400 - 900 feet long will have you grinning from ear to ear. Want the best of both? Book our Zip & Dip and save! Come Horse around with a Paradise Horseback ride! Ages 5+. Check out our cool shop in Gardiner - on the banks of the river.
Didsbury, Canada
37 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 91 helpful votes
“Zip and Dip”
Reviewed August 18, 2012

I had wanted to take my husband on a whitewater trip, and love going ziplining myself, so this package made for a fun day for the both of us, and was a great value, too.
JT was our whitewater raft guide, and along with his joking and fun personality, he also filled us in on some of the local lore and landmarks. We had fun sharing a smaller raft with one other couple, and with only one other larger family raft in our flotilla. The half day rafting is an excellent introduction for families with smaller children, or folks that aren't strong swimmers. The whitewater for the half day in August is fun without being too intense (high water spring time may be a different story!). The water was a pleasant temperature, and there are a couple calm areas on the river, where the guides let you get out to swim/float in the river, or practice your raft balancing. The company provides booties, wetsuits (as needed) and helmets, so no need to bring a lot of extra gear other than dry clothes towels and proper water shoes if you don't like the booties. They also have a resident photographer to capture some excellent shots of your experience on the river. You can buy individual photos, but the best deal is to get the full CD of all shots. (SEE EXAMPLE in PHOTOS)
The zip course was also fun, with 4 ziplines (to date) plus a short rope ladder bridge (which was probably the only part of the course I DIDN'T particularily enjoy, being the chicken I am!). Nicole and one of the guys were our guides, and were sympathetic but encouraging to some of the other folks in our group who were intitially fearful of their first zipline experience. I happy to say that everyone conquered the full course! The company also provided water bottles and extra water along if you forgot your own. If the day is a scorcher and you do the afternoon zip, it is a good idea to bring along at least one liter of water per person, as the mountain area where the course is can be fairly dry and warm.

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Great trip!”
Reviewed August 18, 2012 via mobile

We booked a paddle and saddle trip the night before and had a fantastic experience. They were accommodating with the scheduling and then the actual day went flawlessly. We started at 730 with horseback riding and then spent the afternoon rafting the gallatin river. Overall a good value and had a very memorable time.

Indianapolis, Indiana
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Great time rafting and ziplining”
Reviewed August 13, 2012

Last year, I went whitewater rafting with the Montana Whitewater and this year, on a return trip to Gardiner, I decided to try the zipline course.
The views of the mountains and the Cinnabar Basin were gorgeous and the ziplining was a lot of fun - a good dose of speed, but I never felt unsafe. The group I went with even included a 6-yr-old boy that was a little scared, but guide Ryan did a great job of making him more comfortable. Our other guide, Patrick was also a great instructor.
I ended up going back to Montana Whitewater later in the week to take a rafting trip as well, with Katie as our guide. We had a great time. The weather was a little chilly and Katie was prepared with splash jackets and fleeces for anyone uncomfortable. I have been told Montana Whitewater is the most professional, safety-conscious, company in Gardiner and I would have to agree from my experience.

Saint Paul, Minnesota
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Half-Day Whitewater Rafting”
Reviewed August 9, 2012

Let me start by saying I was very apprehensive about doing a whitewater rafting trip, but as to not disappoint my family, I agreed to go. I'm glad I did. The equipment, instructions, and overall experiance was all great. Our guide, Tony, was something of a comedian, and I have to admit that I was a little worried before we got into the river. He is a fantastic guide though - really knows the river, and is very skilled. I felt very safe and secure the entire ride, which is saying a lot! The scenery was amazing, and I'm so glad I agreed to try it!

Iowa City, Iowa
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“First zipling and whitewater rafting experience. I HIGHLY recommend them.”
Reviewed August 9, 2012

I saw the ad for this company in a magazine at my hotel in W Yellowstone. I called for their other location but found out that the drive would be closer for us (to Gardiner) due to construction. We had SO MUCH FUN! I had my son(12), daughter(16) w me and we were nervous but Rocco and Ben put us at ease(for ziplining). We were there on their opening weekend (7/22) for the zipline and we were impressed with their professionality and safety features as well as their ability to have FUN and push us a bit. On our way into town - I stopped at a local shop for a coffee and when they found out we were using Montana Whitewater - we were told that they(Montana Whitewater) are the best for fun AND safety. I felt so much better. The rafting was great fun. My son rode on the front of the raft and loved bouncing on waves. My kids were able to get out and swim some as well. Nice, nice people.

Visited July 2012

Travelers who viewed Montana Whitewater Rafting and Zipline on the Yellowstone River also viewed

Been to Montana Whitewater Rafting and Zipline on the Yellowstone River? Share your experiences!