“Good Breakfast”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch
Reviewed August 26, 2012

We had breakfast at the Town Cafe, and while the service wasn't as quick as I might have liked, the waitress was friendly and personable. The food was delicious and plentiful - well worth its cost.

Reviewed August 23, 2012

Great food, pancakes were absolutely huge! They didn't open until 7AM, which was surprising to us and caused us to delay our trip into Yellowstone. Once they did open, they were understaffed, so service was kind of slow. Can't blame the waitress, she did all she could do. The food was good enough that we ate there again on our last day (but didn't bother getting up early this time).

Reviewed August 19, 2012

We were promptly seated, but after fifteen minutes without a cup of coffee, we went elsewhere. Whoever waited on us didn't understand the needs of caffeine addicts, I guess.

Reviewed August 16, 2012

Over worked staff trying to keep up can not keep mugs and silver wear clean.

Food takes forever to come out and when it does it's cold

Reviewed August 11, 2012

Went for breakfast the other day & was told to seat ourselves. There were many empty tables but only 1 of them clean (out of approx. 8 empty) so we had to sit at that table, which was in the back/yukky section of the restaurant (would have preferred one by the window for park view). It took awhile for waitress to take our order. Then took even LONGER to get our food. It was not that crowded! Breakfast was average. French toast had a ton of cinnamon & sugar on it. A bit too sweet for me & no butter to help cut the sweet. Good portion though! My son had 1 big pancake which he liked..

Dinner last night was a better experience. Waiter was friendly, helpful & attentive. Available tables were ALL clean. Had steak dinner which was OK. 12 oz was way too much for me tho! My son had fish & chips which he said was good. Restaurant is located on Yellowstone side of bridge. I don't suggest the gift shop too much; seemed unkept & dirty & not a huge choice of items. This place also has a separate bar which I did not go into, but seemed like your average neighborhood bar.