Riverside Cottages
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$170
$113
Best Western By Mammoth Hot Springs(Gardiner)(Great Value!)
$220
$179
$137
Hotels.com
Yellowstone Valley Lodge(Livingston)(Great Value!)
$183
$164
Agoda.com
Buck's T-4 Lodge(Big Sky)(Great Value!)
$189
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewshot tubgrocery storethe rivermoose cottageosprey suitetrouttour of the propertydeluxe efficiencyroosevelt archbunk bedsmontana whitewaterplace to staynice deckdeck overlookingcookie cuttertwo nightsafter a long day
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 4, 2012

Grest location. On the river. Easy access, great view. Omfortable accommodations. Memorable. Would recommend and stay here again. We stayed here two nights while visiting Yellowstone. .

Reviewed July 3, 2012

This little place has definitely earned its rating. When you're there, it feels like you're staying at a friend's place rather than a hotel. The service is professional, yet friendly and personable. They're willing to share and go the extra mile to make sure you tell a friend of your experience. The cottages range from recently built to vintage 1920's structures and its setting lets you drift off to sleep to the sounds of the nearby river rushing by. If you're going to stay, make use of the deck with its hot tub and BBQ's. You're within sight of the massive rock hewn north gate of Yellowstone National Park so enjoy the views and proximity to adventure.

Room Tip: While we didn't use it, I noticed that there is one room that houses bunk beds as well as regular beds, making this a good place for larger groups.
1  Thank Steve C
Reviewed July 1, 2012

We had a cottage, to sleep six if us. As other reviewers have said, I wouldn't want to have to spend all day in here if the weather turned bad. The rooms were well cleaned, warm/cool enough, the bathroom was pleasant with good shower. Service was good and friendly. Nice location looking over the river and surrounding countryside. Has great places to sit outside and also has a hot tub.

Reviewed June 21, 2012

After reading all the glowing reviews (except one) I hesitated writing this, but thought I ought to for those people out there who, like us, count on well-rounded descriptions of the places we are deciding on. Though I use TripAdvisor all the time, I rarely write a review. We just left Yellowstone after 2 nights at the Grand Tetons, 2 nights at Old Faithful Snow Lodge, and 4 nights at the Riverside Cottages. The owners had just had a medical emergency, so their brother & sister-in-laws were taking care of it. They were as warm, friendly and helpful as most people described the Cox's. They were so helpful when I went back to ask for real mugs for our coffee, as they had a regular sized coffee pot, but small styrofoam cups and pre-packaged coffee. We always take good coffee, and just needed regular cups and filters, as we were staying 4 days and wanted to make our own and drink out of cups. They were very gracious about this and everything throughout our stay.

My only caveat is that we stayed in one of the efficiencies, since there were just 2 of us, and we knew we would be in the park all day. It was very small, and after our suitcases and cooler got in, just enough room to walk. If you are planning to be out all day it isn't a big deal, but if the weather turns bad, or you just want a day to rest, there is no room to move, and certainly no other place to lounge if it is too chilly to sit on the deck. At least at the lodge there was a great place downstairs to read, play cribbage, or hang out if you wanted to. Again, it all worked out because we had great weather, but if we had had the snow they were predicting, we had no idea where we would have hung out. And last, there was no window in the room! Here we were on this beautiful river, and the only small window had an air conditioner I it and was totally blocked! The small windows on the door had a screen, and we had it opened all the time, but we couldn't leave it open because it was right on e driveway.

I would definitely go back, but I will spring for one of the cottages with more space and windows!

Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank MaineTraveler112
Reviewed June 18, 2012

If you are visiting Yellowstone, I would highly recommend staying in Gardiner at Riverside Cotttages. During my visit to Yellowstone, I stayed in West Yellowstone, Gardiner, and Cooke City (Northeast Entrance). If I had to do it over, I would have skipped West Yellowstone. It's very touristy, over priced for what you get, and the hotels are cookie-cutter poorly made budget hotels.

You can use Gardiner as a base to visit the Southwest/Northwest areas of Yellowstone, and even the Canyon area. Then head to Cooke City or Silver Gate to visit the Northeast and Lamar Valley.

Gardiner is a wonderful, friendly little town, much more so than West Yellowstone, and Riverside Cottages is perfect.

By way of context, I've spent the past 2 months on a road trip. I've stayed in over 20 hotels during that time. In the past year, I've stayed at over 50 different hotels across the country and world from budget hotels when I travel with my dog, such as, La Quinta, Best Western, Red Roof, etc.; and some of the finest hotels in the world such as, Shangri-Las in China/Asia, The Ritz Carlton, Four Seasons, etc... This stay was one of my favorite. The cottages were very well appointed with satellite TV and WiFi. Best of all, it was QUIET. I'm so tired of staying at hotels with people slamming doors, talking loudly in the hallways, floorboards creaking over head, paper-thin walls, and housekeeping banging on doors, and kids running up and down the hallways yelling and screaming.

Pet Friendly - They are pet friendly. There is not a lot of space at the Cottages themselves, but you can walk your dog down the sidewalk, or if you have a high energy dog like mine, you can take a short walk across the bridge to a trail that you can walk your dog on for miles.

Highly recommend. You won't regret it.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo