“Western Hospitality at it's best.”
Review of Riverside Cottages

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Gardiner
Riverside Cottages
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Gardiner
Hollywood, Fl
“Western Hospitality at it's best.”
Reviewed June 13, 2012

My husband & I stayed 12 nights in cottage #7. The owner Laura greeted us with a hug and smile and she and her husband Eddie extended a welcome as if we were long lost friends ! The cottage was sparkling clean, the beds comfortable and nice sheets and comforters. The kitchen had all we needed to put together a meal and a small frig was just the right size to store perishables. A big flat screen tv with ports for cameras to review our day's photo expeditions and satellite channels if we wanted to watch programs. A really neat, automatic gas heater that looked like an old fashioned wood stove kept us warm and cozy. The bathroom has a big tiled shower, lots of hot water and good water pressure. a storage cabinet held our toiletries. There is daily housekeeping service for towel replacement, toilet paper and trash removal. Mikhail took care of our cottage and was as pleasant as could be. We both had a stomach virus at the beginning of our stay and I have to mention that the excellent plumbing and replacement of toilet tissue was really, really, appreciated. Plus Laura and Eddie offered to help in any way they could ! Turned out we were only down a total of 2 days staying in and if I had to be sick I'm grateful it was there ! The location is perfect; a few steps from the local grocer, Farmtown, which is a bit pricey, but has a great selection of produce and organics. Also the North Entrance Arch is only a 5 min. drive and 5 mi. to Mammoth Hot Springs. There is a hot tub which is kept exceptionally clean and you can actually see the Arch from the tub ! A nice deck with chairs, tables, and loungers is very pleasant. The cottages are right above the Yellowstone River and there stairs that go all the way down. At night it is very quiet. The prices are quite reasonable and overall this place is amazing ! Laura and Eddie are always on property and always willing to provide whatever helps make your stay more pleasant, altho' I don't think it could be any more so ! We will definitely book our stay here when we are fortunate enough to return to Yellowstone, a place we love, along with the Riverside Cottages & Laura and Eddie !

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank cicaida

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Branson, Missouri
Reviewed May 31, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here two nights at the end of May, it was fantastic! We were worn out from a day in Yellowstone, and everyone was so nice and welcoming upon our arrival. They tell you all about the amenities of the room and property, and even the good places to eat in town.

The room was very clean and had everything we needed. I would highly reccommend Riverside Cottages for your next stay in Gardiner.

• Stayed May 2012
1 Thank MO_outdoor_adventure
Limerick, Pennsylvania
Reviewed May 23, 2012

I had the pleasure of staying here May 4th-11th. When I arrived, Eddie and Laura were so warm and friendly. I felt like I had just come back home. I have a few requests out of the norm and wow, they were so accommodating.
My room was so clean every day and I had everything I needed as far as a refrig., coffee pot, TV and wireless.
I had a great view of the river and looked out over the mountains. The hot tub was a pleasure after a long day in the park, hiking and wildlife viewing.
I cannot say enough positives about the place. I felt like part of the family. While this was not my first time to Gardiner, it was the most pleasurable of places to stay. I intend on returning in the future. If you are looking to feel like home and not like you are in a hotel, this is the place for you. Kudos to them......GREAT PLACE!!!

Room Tip: all of them are nice...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank Erin-C13
Craig, Colorado
Reviewed May 22, 2012

We stayed in efficiency #4 this past friday. The room was very clean and newly renovated. I loved the pristine hot tub that overlooked the river. The owner was very welcoming and took time to show us everything we needed to know about the property. After a great night sleep we headed out only to discover I had left my earrings in the room. Imagine my surprise when I checked my e-mail that night and had a message from the owner offering to mail them to my house. Amazing!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Samantha B
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Reviewed February 14, 2012

We stay in Gardiner every year and this year we tried the Riverside Cottages. It was a very nice place with cozy little cabins, very well decorated and comfortable. The facility was clean with a nice size bathroom. Outside, there was a community hot tub and BBQ pit for guest use. The establishment was quiet, resting on the Yellowstone river with fishing facilities available. The best part of the whole stay was the wonderful owners. Eddie made us feel special and was attentive to our every need. Give this place a try and I believe you will be very happy.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Pilot7700
Bangor, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 5, 2011

After two days travelling from Seattle with my husband, we arrived at Gardiner and received a friendly welcome from Edie, the owner, who showed us round the property, including the riverside hot tub, the TV and gave info about the area in general. After coming to US from Wales in the UK, we had done a lot of travelling and found the cabin really comfortable and we were well looked after by a Russian student earning money for his education. We were staying here for hiking in Yellowstone and found Edie's information about the area really useful and he even leant us his bear spray for our day trips. We would have no hesitation in recommending this property to anyone who wanted to visit the north of Yellowstone.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Deborah26754
Skedee, OK
Reviewed September 20, 2011

Plenty of rooms for options, nicely re-done tile in these cottage rooms and showers, with tips on where to eat and shop for groceries or any other needs in a NON smoking accomodation. Hot tub great after day hiking in Yellowstone and good river access and views. Laura Cox showers you with just the right mix of good old southern hospitality in this close to Yellowstone location, with gracious introduction to Lucy-Goosee, as well as instructions on all the equipment mentioned in other notations. The memorial to her WWII father was a nice personal touch they share. I only wish we had not already paid for other accomodations ahead of our arrival as I would have stayed here every night during our north Yellowstone sholder season visit . The price, location, and ammenities were great - microwave, large compact fridge, coffee pot.

Room Tip: Rooms on the east end - avoid early morning float trip and exiting traffic.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Walk_N_Gunn
Also consider these accommodations in or near Gardiner
Rodeway Inn and Suites
Rodeway Inn and Suites
#2 of 8 in Gardiner
Best Western By Mammoth Hot Springs
Comfort Inn Yellowstone North
Mammoth Hot Springs Hotel & Cabins
Mammoth Hot Springs Hotel & Cabi...
#2 of 6 in Yellowstone National Park
Super 8 Gardiner/Yellowstone Park Area
Yellowstone Gateway Inn
Yellowstone Gateway Inn
#1 of 6 in Gardiner

Been to Riverside Cottages? Share your experiences!