even though we had to ask for towels every night (even just one per person),
even though there was no remote for the tv (who watches tv on vacation?)
even though there was no internet in the room (they said they were fixing it)
and even though the male concierge said "perfect" 4x every 2 minutes (we were laughing about how many times he must have uttered that word during our 5 day stay)
even after all that, this is still quite a remarkable and terrific resort getaway.
The privacy, and "room with a view" (breathtaking and spectacular!),
the fact that you cannot hear any noise from neighbor rooms,
the proximity to everything from Yellowstone to whitewater rafting to Big Sky,
yet insulation from the teeming masses in normal hotel accommodations,
great restaurants inside and nearby,
a world renown author just 2 doors down who has returned for 10 years.
After having stayed in any number of world-class international hotels, Rainbow Ranch makes Montana an excellent choice for a getaway, either winter or summer.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rainbow Ranch Lodge is an intimate twenty-one room hotel and gourmet restaurant located on the banks of the Gallatin River in Big Sky, Montana. Whether riverside or pondside, accommodations at Rainbow Ranch Lodge provide a sanctuary for post-adventure relaxing or a romantic getaway for two. Located in a sweeping valley in the heart of the Rocky Mountains, the Rainbow Ranch Lodge's location is ideal for both summer and winter activities. Our proximity to Yellowstone National Park affords our guests endless opportunities for outdoor adventure and exploration, including world-class fly fishing, horseback riding, hiking, whitewater rafting, and kayaking. Whether you choose an experienced local guide service or venture out on your own, the breathtakingly rugged, natural beauty of southwest Montana will restore and rejuvenate your senses. One of the top 10 winter destinations in North America, the Big Sky area offers a variety of winters activities including downhill skiing at Big Sky Resort, Moonlight Basin and Lone Mountain Ranch, as well as cross-country skiing, snowshoeing, snowmobiling, dog sledding, and winter fly fishing. If your winter preferences lean more towards comfort and warmth, the Rainbow Ranch Lodge's spa services and luxurious guest rooms provide the perfect alternative to a day spent outdoors. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Agoda and HotelsClick so you can book your Rainbow Ranch Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rainbow Ranch Hotel Gallatin Gateway
- Rainbow Hotel Gallatin Gateway
- Rainbow Ranch Montana
- Rainbow Ranch Lodge Montana/Gallatin Gateway