I took my mother and 2 friends on a road trip to this fabulous location. The setting is spectacular - right on the Gallatin River, only 45 minutes from the west entrance to Yellowstone National Park and only 45 minutes from Bozeman, MT. All of the staff were exceedingly friendly and helpful and the daily breakfasts (included) were great. The weekend buffet (also included) was lovely, the food all local and delicious. The giant hot tub with the built-in fireplace was spectacular as well. My only complaint was that there was no hair dryer in our unit. That is so petty, but I mention it so anyone visiting can take one with them. The weather was all over the board while we were there - we woke up with snow in the mornings and sunshine shortly thereafter. The road to Yellowstone actually was quite blizzardy, but once in the Park, it was clear. Just be prepared with both warm & cold weather clothes. I hope to go back again someday. It was wonderful.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rainbow Ranch Lodge is an intimate twenty-one room hotel and gourmet restaurant located on the banks of the Gallatin River in Big Sky, Montana. Whether riverside or pondside, accommodations at Rainbow Ranch Lodge provide a sanctuary for post-adventure relaxing or a romantic getaway for two. Located in a sweeping valley in the heart of the Rocky Mountains, the Rainbow Ranch Lodge's location is ideal for both summer and winter activities. Our proximity to Yellowstone National Park affords our guests endless opportunities for outdoor adventure and exploration, including world-class fly fishing, horseback riding, hiking, whitewater rafting, and kayaking. Whether you choose an experienced local guide service or venture out on your own, the breathtakingly rugged, natural beauty of southwest Montana will restore and rejuvenate your senses. One of the top 10 winter destinations in North America, the Big Sky area offers a variety of winters activities including downhill skiing at Big Sky Resort, Moonlight Basin and Lone Mountain Ranch, as well as cross-country skiing, snowshoeing, snowmobiling, dog sledding, and winter fly fishing. If your winter preferences lean more towards comfort and warmth, the Rainbow Ranch Lodge's spa services and luxurious guest rooms provide the perfect alternative to a day spent outdoors. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Orbitz, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Rainbow Ranch Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rainbow Ranch Hotel Gallatin Gateway
- Rainbow Hotel Gallatin Gateway
- Rainbow Ranch Montana
- Rainbow Ranch Lodge Montana/Gallatin Gateway