“4th of July wkend @ Rainbow Ranch-as always a wonderful experience!”

Rainbow Ranch Lodge
Reviewed July 8, 2013

If there's availability- and we're in the Big Sky/West Yellowstone area- we're @ Rainbow Ranch! Whether it's just a quick last minute trip to Bozeman/Big Sky for biking and hiking overnight- or a planned out long weekend trip through the park(s) we're always welcomed with open arms from the staff.
The newly remodeled hot tub area with the BEAUTIFUL river rock clad fireplace- overlooking the property is FINISHED! YEAY! Good job to everyone who was involved in bringing that huge undertaking across the finish line (Go Molly! Whoop! whoop!) Be prepared for AMAZINGLY prepared meals (including melt in your mouth steaks & fresh fruit & homemade croissants) kudos to the top notch chef(s) - (applause). From the comfy beds and warm cookies waiting for you in your room all the way down to the european locks (yes Josse-we know how they work...) you will be more than pleased with your stay at this resort.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank getgoin333
rainbowranchlodge, General Manager at Rainbow Ranch Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded August 10, 2013

YOU are family to us! So happy to hear you enjoyed your stay!!! We absolutely LOVED having you! It is such an honor to be your go-to vacation destination in the Big Sky/Bozeman area. We are thrilled that you enjoy so many aspects of your time at Rainbow! Come back soon: the new hot tub, comfy beds, homemade croissants, and warm cookies are always here waiting!
Thank you!
Mollie & -RR Family

There are newer reviews for Rainbow Ranch Lodge

Reviewed July 2, 2013

We stayed here for a night for a friend's wedding. Our room had a terrific patio right on the banks of the Gallatin river. The staff was super friendly & helpful, and the complimentary breakfast the next morning was really great.
We were bummed that we only stayed one night.

One note of caution: There is no cell phone service at the ranch. Our room had a fast & free wifi connection, and there's cell phone service if you drive 5 minutes in either direction, but the ranch itself is in a dead zone (which is actually kind of nice).

Room Tip: Get a room with a patio on the Gallatin. ALso, be forewarned: There is no cell phone service at the...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for your kind words! It was a pleasure hosting you and the wedding party - what a beautiful bride! You will absolutely have to come back and spend more time with us! See you soon over the Rainbow!

Reviewed June 9, 2013

My grandson and I stayed here two nights while visiting Yellowstone National Park. It was an excellent location. We had a two bedroom cabin with fireplace at the end of the building. It was clean, tastefully decorated, great porch overlooking the pond and Gallatin River. We slept very well and the bedding was nice and relatively new. The staff was helpful and excellent. Set up horeseback riding for my grandson which he enjoyed. The breakfast was very nice with scones which I love, fresh fruit, granola and a breakfast casserole plus juices and great coffee. While using my laptop in the breakfast room I was offer later in the morning a scone and lemonade by staff that was really very nice and made me feel welcome. After we checked out got a nice email from Holly one of the staff thanking us for our stay and wishing us a safe trip back to Atlanta. Upon arrival home I received a very nice thank you note from the Rainbow Ranch family thanking us for our stay and offering a $50 savings discount if we returned in 2013 which I thought was very nice. Great place to stay I recommend completely. Susan and Jacob. PS My grandson caught a trout in the pond and set it free but he enjoyed the experience.

Room Tip: If you are a couple with a child or children I recommend the two bedroom room "Golden Eagle:
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
rainbowranchlodge, General Manager at Rainbow Ranch Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded June 22, 2013

Thank you for your kind words and thank you for choosing the Rainbow Ranch as your place to stay during your YNP trip!! We are so happy that you had a great time! It’s always a pleasure to hear of our guests’ experiences and it thrills me that your grandson was able to catch a fish!! I’m delighted that you enjoyed the Golden Eagle room and that you were able to have a cozy fire while taking in the beauty of the Gallatin River! Please come back and stay with us again soon!
Until then, take good care and have a great summer!

Reviewed June 4, 2013

We stayed at Rainbow Ranch the week of May 20th, 2013 and had an outstanding stay. The accommodations were cozy and warm and the sound of the river coming through the window made me never want to leave. Breakfast by a French-trained chef every morning got every day started off right. There was no meat on the menu for breakfast but everything was so good I can't complain. I would love to pick up that lodge and attach it to my house as a massive man cave. It was so inviting and relaxing. I would definitely come back to the Rainbow Ranch on my next visit to the Big Sky area.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family

We LOVED having you stay with us! I’m so happy that you were able to enjoy our one of a kind breakfast prepared by our talented, pastry chef, Liz! Please come back and see us the next time you are in Big Sky!
Thank you & cheers to a great summer!
Mollie Eckman

Reviewed May 31, 2013 via mobile

This is a very special lodge in a gorgeous location. It's pet friendly too. We loved the coziness of the Riverside cabins and sitting on our wee stoep in our gowns and Adirondack chairs relaxing and watching the river rush by. Inside a fire was ready to be lit. The staff are warm & welcoming. The main area is well appointed with a tasteful lodge feel and the dining room has huge picture windows overlooking the river. Dinner was 'a romantic night out': delicious food, beautifully presented, an impressive wine list and charming staff. We highly recommend Rainbow Ranch. PS: there's a character-filled pub across the road too!!

• Stayed: May 2013

Pleasure to have you stay with us! I’m VERY happy that you enjoyed our lodge, dinner, and staff! We would love to have you stay again---please come back anytime!!
Thank you & see you again soon Over the Rainbow!
Mollie Eckman

P.S. Glad you got to enjoy the “character filled” pub across the way from us!! I will be sure to share the good news!

Reviewed March 14, 2013

I have now been going the RR for any special occasion I can think of or just a quick getaway for couple years now and the staff’s attention to service detail is unparalleled in the area (thanks Jocey and Molly). No matter the occasion they have always made me and my guests feel valued and no matter what difficult thing I am proposing they always try to work with us (such as gluten free breakfast scones for my mom or bottles of champagne surprises placed in rooms ahead of arrival). We are greeted with hugs and asked about our lives as if they have known us forever every visit, which I think is amazing considering the high level of tourist traffic in the area. Although I live here in Bozeman and am an outdoors lover I also really enjoy food, cocktails, and incredible bedding all of which RR does exceptionally well. If you are looking for a true experience this is the place for you, well at least I have never been disappointed. Thanks to all the staff and keep up the great work.

Room Tip: My favorite rooms for relaxing and romance are the Pondside Luxury rooms that have my favorite firep...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank jpetalblue2
rainbowranchlodge, General Manager at Rainbow Ranch Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2013

Dear J,
Thank you for your kind words! We ADORE you! We love having you, your friends and family join us for relaxing getaways, celebrations, great food and fine wine at the Rainbow! Please be in touch with your next special request - we are looking forward to seeing you!

Reviewed January 25, 2013

I've always wanted to see Yellowstone in the winter. This was a wonderful base camp hotel for Yellowstone and surrounding area. The boys also loved fishing in the area.Everyone at the hotel was very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
#7 of 9 in Big Sky
Huntley Lodge
Huntley Lodge
#6 of 9 in Big Sky

Been to Rainbow Ranch Lodge? Share your experiences!