For our first dude ranch experience I picked this one as the best in Montana based on a ton of research, with the most important criteria being the physical Marlboro commercial-worthy beauty of the ranch and its authenticity both in people and 'get away from it all' location. It exceeded expectation. It is 6th generation Montana family owned, who spend time with guests like they are family friends; unlike almost all ranches it is away from the highway so you are in a massive flat valley surrounded by tall mountains and never see a car the whole week; the cabins are like in a movie and we hung out on our rocking chairs on our veranda and watched the sky; and the quality of the other guests, staff, and horses was amazing. We are very novice riders but the horses were so perfectly trained that we could do mountain trails and go for hours in stunning scenery with no effort. Came back home completely refreshed after great food, magnificent outdoors, exercise, and tons of time to read books and relax. We are bringing our two kids and coming back next year! And we usually vacation internationally and almost never repeat a vacation spot!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Lifelong memories and familial bonds are just two of the amazing “side-effects” to an All-Inclusive Dude Ranch vacation. While the deep rest and relaxation rejuvenate you, the awesome scenery will feed your soul. The many activities and sports that you can enjoy will provide you with experiences and memories that last a lifetime! Finally, and most long-lasting, are the strengthened ties that your family will experience. Adjacent to Yellowstone Park and surrounded by millions of acres of National Forest and the Taylor-Hilgard wilderness area, our family-oriented vacations feature riding for all ages and all levels of horsemanship, blue-ribbon fly-fishing, incredible scenery and traditional hand-crafted log cabins and furnishings – all served with the West’s best hospitality! You may also enjoy hiking the area, viewing wildlife and wildflowers in abundance and you can even bring a bike to explore some awesome mountain trails! In addition, you’ll have the opportunity to engage in many other traditional activities such as campfire, hayrides, square dance and more! In addition to all of these benefits, our on-site fly-fishing guide, the children’s programs, meals, and much more are all included in your stay! These all combine to create a unique and ideal location for your vacation. Owned and operated by the Kelsey family for over 60 years, the Nine Quarter Circle is “magical”. Come and experience the place “where time stands still”. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- 9 Quarter Circle Ranch
- Nine Quarter Circle Ranch Hotel Gallatin Gateway
- Nine Quarter Circle Hotel
- Nine Quarter Circle Ranch Montana/Gallatin Gateway