This was my second trip to the 320; my family has gone 4 times in the past 3 years. The staff is fabulous, the food is awesome, the activities are great...and there's really nothing that can speak to the ranch's beautiful location in the gateway. I would highly recommend the 320 for anyone looking for a relaxing retreat of a vacation. No cell service, Internet available only in the Saloon...and about 30 minutes to Big Sky where I got a massage and a facial at the resort.
Make sure to go for the 4 hour trail ride - ask Marce and his gang to take up the path across 191; the view of the Madison range from the top will take your breath away. My dad recommends Wild Trout Fly Shop for float trips and guided wades; he went out with guide Nate (and my boyfriend and cousin) and they caught a ton of fish and had a great day. (I wasn't on the trip, but did 3 days of fishing and caught a 16" B-E-A-utiful rainbow trout on the Gallatin River, under the ranch's bridge. No need to travel far for world class waters when you stay at the 320).
The 320's accommodations are not extravagant. The cabins are neat and tidy and just enough for your stay. We stayed in River Cabin 10 the first time I went, and then in cabin Yellowstone this last time. I'd say River Cabins are the way to go. Each cabin, most importantly, has a grill, so you don't have to eat out every night. I'd recommend doing the pig pickin' on Monday, the BBQ at the point on Wednesday, and dinner at the saloon on Friday. Eat in every other night...but always head down to the bar for a drink after dinner. Steve, the bartender, is awesome and the kitchen staff will usually come out for a drink after they're done their shift. What a crowd! Make sure to try the Stoli Doli (pineapple infused vodka), but only have a couple. They'll creep up on you for sure!
Please feel free to message me with any questions.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We're Montana's premier year-round guest ranch, where you can horseback ride, hike, fish, ski, snowmobile, sightsee, raft, and just plain have fun, all in the warm and friendly atmosphere of a classic Western guest ranch. The 320 is perfect for everything from family vacations, weddings and romantic getaways, to hosting your company's next event or meeting. Flexible accommodation options and activity programs ensure that everyone will have the trip of a lifetime. Stay a day, a week, a month, or anything in between. Take whatever time you need to relax, rejuvenate, and escape from the stresses of your busy life. You deserve to spend some time at the 320 Guest Ranch ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Cancelon, Hotwire and Agoda so you can book your 320 Guest Ranch reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- 320 Guest Ranch Hotel Gallatin Gateway
- 320 Guest Ranch Montana/Gallatin Gateway