For some time we have wanted to visit a dude ranch in Montana but were put off by the high per person pricing and the requirement that you spend an entire week, which is the norm at so many of the ranches. I am not a horse lover (although other members of my family are) and it just did not make sense to me to pay up to $3,000 per person for a week at a ranch.So, the 320 was a perfect compromise for us.
Recently we stayed at the 320 Ranch after a week in Jackson Hole, and it really worked out well and we had a good time. We only stayed for three days, and were able to do fly fishing and horse riding on an "a la carte" basis which suited us fine.
We stayed in one of the two bedroom riverfront cabins, and there was plenty of space and clean, somewhat basic but comfortable furnishings. We had a very good time on the trail rides (it's true, the horses only walk but that's all I could manage anyway - my kids did a private lesson wherein they trotted and did more but that is way more than I wanted from a horse!) - All of the staff was friendly and nice and it felt very comfortable and not too fake or overly commercial. It's in a beautiful setting (although right off the road) and gave us just what we were looking for.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We're Montana's premier year-round guest ranch, where you can horseback ride, hike, fish, ski, snowmobile, sightsee, raft, and just plain have fun, all in the warm and friendly atmosphere of a classic Western guest ranch. The 320 is perfect for everything from family vacations, weddings and romantic getaways, to hosting your company's next event or meeting. Flexible accommodation options and activity programs ensure that everyone will have the trip of a lifetime. Stay a day, a week, a month, or anything in between. Take whatever time you need to relax, rejuvenate, and escape from the stresses of your busy life. You deserve to spend some time at the 320 Guest Ranch ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, Hotels.com and Cancelon so you can book your 320 Guest Ranch reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- 320 Guest Ranch Hotel Gallatin Gateway
- 320 Guest Ranch Montana/Gallatin Gateway