“Had my 50th Birthday at this Ranch August 2007”
Review of 320 Guest Ranch

320 Guest Ranch
Reviewed October 22, 2007

Had 4 great nights at this ranch, the staff were great and the location was fantastic. The restaurant was very good quality and very inexpensive.
We went horse riding twice and you can do 1,2,4,or 8 hour rides. All the Cowboys and Cowgirls were fantastic, and the accomadation was rustic but very acceptable.

If you want the real "cowboy" experience this is the place for you.

Nick & Teresa

4  Thank jubbytub

Reviewed October 19, 2007

The 320 Guest Ranch was our fifth ranch vacation, and was a big disappointment. When my husband called to make reservations for our October 1-4 stay, he specifically asked if riding would still be available that late in the year, as that is the reason we go to a ranch. We were assured it would be.

We called the ranch the day before our arrival with a question about riding equipment, and were again assured riding was available, but food, however was not. They suggested we could go to a cafe 7 miles down the road for meals. They had closed their kitchen, but had not informed us when we made our reservation that this was a possibility, nor had they contacted us about the closure when it happened. We were unable to change our plans at the last minute, so we proceeded to the ranch. They apparently have room for 230 guests, but we saw only one other couple the entire time. Our cabin was very dark, and there was no lodge or other common area in which to spend time.

We had a 2 hour trail ride with wrangler Andy on our first full day there. Andy did a great job. When I spoke with someone in the main office to schedule a ride the next day, I was told riding wouldn't be available. As I wandered about the ranch, I noticed numerous employees, including wrangler Andy, engaged in other chores.

We spoke with the office staff to express our disappointment about the unexpected inconvenience of driving 7 miles for each meal, and the unavailability of promised trail riding . They offered meager apology and no price adjustment. Three nights and one 2-hour trail ride for my husband and I came to $533.

We felt we were more of an inconvenience to the staff, than guests at this "guest ranch". We couldn't wait to leave. If you want an outstanding, real ranch vacation, we would recommend the 63 Ranch outside of Livingston, Montana.

Stayed: October 2007
6  Thank Rosewood1
Reviewed August 20, 2007

Our family just stayed at the 320 Guest Ranch in Big Sky. I was happy with the activities such as horse back riding and the
restaurant was great. Our cabin was nice and very clean. The activities were not what I thought they would have been for a ranch. The web site says there is fly fishing on the ranch but it is just a pond. The Fishing Shop was closed and said to go to the office for help. We were suppose to arrive on Sunday at 1:00p.m. but we missed a flight and were not able to get into Bozeman until 11:30p.m. I had called the ranch and was told not to drive to the ranch because the road was dangerous. Obviously being tired and traveling for 15 hours we chose to stay in Bozeman. When we checked out of the ranch on Tuesday I simply asked for a break on the rate. I did not asked for my money back just a discount. The office girl called the manager to see if this was possible. By the look on her face it was obvious the answer was no. I am a business owner and there are times you make exceptions. This is not a large chain and they could have given me a $20.00 reduction in our bill. I think this was a poor choice on the managers part and I would not recommend this ranch. We plan to travel out to the area next year and we plan to find a ranch with more activities.

Stayed: August 2007
1  Thank SAMRaleigh
Reviewed July 8, 2007

I stayed at the 320 Ranch for a weeklong family reunion. There were 30 of us, split amongst three cabins, all of which were conveniently grouped together in a quiet corner of the ranch. The cabins were well-kept, with clean showers and linens and blissfully cool room temperatures. The interiors were underlit and overly dark during the day.

Because eating home-coooked family dinners together was a big part of the reunion, the self-catering kitchens left much to be desired. They were understocked with crockery and cutlery, pots and pans. One cabin had a broken dishwasher. (Many parts of the ranch were also out of service, including the laundry room.)

The activities on the ranch were overpriced, and generally we went elsewhere in Big Sky to hike, ride, raft, etc. The onsite bar, however, was a real deal.

I don't know of another place in the area that could have accommodated our size of group, but I wonder if individual families who still want self-catering housing could do better elsewhere.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank gjc8
Reviewed May 31, 2007

Our short stay at the 320 ranch was truly memorable. The ranch is located amidst a stunning landscape, and the ranch itself is very quaint indeed. The cabins are beautiful, snug logs and not a scrap of steel to be seen. We had a room with a fireplace, it was very enjoyable to see the flames and hear the crackling fire.
The staff were very friendly as well. The ranch has a small store and also a laundry room. The restaraunt is quite well reputed, though we did not try it.

Stayed: May 2007
2  Thank NG42
Reviewed March 22, 2007

We stayed at the 320 Ranch after leaving an overpriced lodge just up the highway. We are a family of four with two boys age 12 and 15. We have stayed at quite a few western lodges in the Rockies and this one was outstanding in every way. The price was reasonable and the amenities were excellent. The 320 has a wide variety of cabins and our was quiet and well situated. There is an excellent restaurant on the premises and the food was very good. The location is very scenic with great stream fishing on the property as well as a stocked lake. The horse riding was very good - a wide range of trip lengths and excellent scenery. There is a good fly shop on the premises and excellent fly fishing nearby as well as a good selection of guided trips on the Madison and the Yelowstone. The location is also outstanding - close enough to Yellowstone for day trips and also very scenic country in and around the 320 and up the valey towards Bozeman. This is was definitely an exellent surprise that we stumbled on but we would definitely return. I

• Stayed: July 2006, traveled with family
2  Thank FairwayTraveler
Reviewed August 29, 2006

We loved the 320 Guest Ranch. The rooms were nice, you can't beat the fly fishing on the Gallatin River that runs through the property and my wife and son loved the horseback riding. The service was prompt and friendly.
The property also has a very good restaurant and there is anything you could possibly need 12 miles north at Big Sky Resort.

• Stayed: August 2006, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
6  Thank 3DTV
River Rock Lodge
#7 of 9 in Big Sky
Big Sky Resort Village Center
Comfort Inn Yellowstone North

Been to 320 Guest Ranch? Share your experiences!