Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Etta S

Trip of a lifetime!

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed Jun 14, 2021via mobile
Covered Wagon Ranch offers breathtaking scenery, outstanding hospitality, cozy and comfortable cabins, safe horses, and the finest home cooking around!! The crew at CWR is top notch!! They treated us like family, arranged for us to whitewater raft, genuinely took time to make sure we were a good fit with our horses and just overall far exceeded our expectations. The experience was worth every penny and I would highly recommend to anyone wanting to witness the beauty of Montana on horseback!
Date of stay: June 2021
  • Tripadvisor
43.6 miles from Covered Wagon Ranch
Restaurant
View more hotels in Gallatin Gateway
All reviews other guests experience level great adventure fly fishing packed lunch cookies dream come true wood stove spectacular views the kitchen staff every staff member front porch wonderful hosts log cabin horseback rides gallatin river melissa
Selected filters
Reviewed June 11, 2021 via mobile

What can I say about this absolutely perfect trip. A girls trip, but so much more. My daughter worked here 6 years ago, and we all went back there as guests this year. From the moment we arrived, until the day we departed, it was perfect. Melissa, Kurt, and the Covered Wagon Crew go over and beyond to make your stay magical, and it was. From the accommodations, the meals, the rides, the morning conversations, and the crew. I loved each and every one of them, but Haley and Sara, Amy, Emily, Gabby, and Mallory really made an impression on me. Thanks to them our stay is a new memory that will stay with me forever. Can not wait to return, and I believe it will be sooner than I think.

Date of stay: June 2021
Trip type: Traveled with friends
2  Thank Heidi D
Reviewed May 12, 2021

This is a great place to go and really ride horses at whatever level that you are at. They trailer you out or ride from the ranch. They often go into the Park which breath taking and at a high altitude. The Cowboys and Cowgirls are polite and very interested in making every ride the best for you. The owners are there all the time assuring you get what you need and want. The food is great. Lodging is comfortable and in a real not made up setting.

Date of stay: August 2020
1  Thank coldwight
Reviewed January 3, 2021

My husband and I have always dreamed about visiting Montana and experiencing the true mountain outdoor adventures we saw in the movies and this December we ventured to Montana and found a place we fell in love with! We took our family to the Covered Wagon Ranch right after Christmas and had the most amazing time. The setting of the ranch is picture perfect and in the best location,. Right outside the ranch you are minutes from so many outdoor experiences from fly fishing, skiing, snowmobiling to dog sledding. One of the most memorable times my kids had took place on the ranch where they dug snow tunnels and were introduced to Montana Tubing. To top it all off the food was incredible and delicious! Melissa, Kurt and their staff's hospitality is second to none, they welcomed us like we were part of their family. If you are looking for a winter experience to spend quality time with your family, enjoy the outdoors and the warmest hospitality you must visit Covered Wagon Ranch!

Date of stay: December 2020
Reviewed September 26, 2020 via mobile

I found this place by reading reviews on line and taking a chance and wound up finding a place that just restores my soul. Montana is beautiful and on arrival here we were in awe of the scenery. Then we drove to the ranch and from Bozeman and it is a beautiful drive. Arriving at the ranch, the horses are grazing about, we had one in front of our cabin several days. There is Nelly the pig, friendly cats, dogs, horses, all just roaming around and always up for a pet. The cabins are like stepping back in time, you can even get a wood stove for warmth (or a gas stove if you prefer). You can wander around the property, pet the horses, pig, dog, etc. we saw mule deer near the barn our last day! Everything is taken care of for you while you are there. You just show up at meal times (or to go if your exhausted) and Kurt and Melissa and their awesome crew take care of the rest. The food is delicious, the crew are so friendly I hugged as many as I could when I left. They get your horse ready, will take you on whatever ride you like or pick one for you if you want. The packed lunches were delicious, the horses are in amazing shape and not just nose to tail trail nags. Amy was our wrangler most days and she was so laid back I could just sit and chat with her for hours. I’ll miss her and hope to see her again. The rides were as easy or difficult as you like and offer spectacular views no matter what you do. My family said my pictures look like paintings. I fell very much in love with Montana on this, my first visit and this was in no small part due to the ranch, the crew and my experience there. I have already booked our next trip there and look forward to being yearly guests. Please go visit Kurt and Melissa on their beautiful ranch.

Date of stay: September 2020
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank DawnM598
Reviewed August 27, 2020

We had always talked about wanting to go to a 'dude ranch' to experience the West but never did anything about it. We chose the Covered Wagon Ranch based upon numerous positive reviews, watching the video many times and reading all about CWR. This was the best decision we made and best vacation we have ever had! We didn't know what to expect, but we were very impressed. Upon our arrival, we were given a tour of the ranch. The meals were expertly prepared, presented and seasoned. We sat around the campfire at night and listened to music. Sawyer, the owners' 3 year old son, even played his guitar and sang!
There were graham crackers, marshmallows and chocolate in individual bags so we could make s'mores, but we never did because we were too full from the evening meal! The entire staff made us feel very welcome. The mattress was very, very comfortable. We were in cabin #9 - the Sunken Forest cabin, which had a claw foot tub. The scenery was absolutely beautiful; the mares and foals had just returned from summer pasture and were roaming around the ranch. Several grazed in front of our cabin. We went on 4 rides--2 morning and 2 afternoon rides. The wranglers were very helpful and knowledgeable. We hiked on a trail behind the corral. The farriers were at the ranch re-shoeing the horses and mules, so we enjoyed watching them work. We shopped in their gift shop and bought a cute horsehair bracelet and a book. The rodeo at West Yellowstone was fun to watch. There is an album on the coffee table in the Lodge with a picture of each horse and a description of that horse. That was fun to look at again and again. We loved seeing the cats, dogs and pig roam around the ranch. We definitely plan to return to the CWR...that's how special a time we had there. Don't pass up an opportunity to stay there and experience their hospitality. Thanks for such wonderful memories! Steve and Carol McPike (South Carolina)

Date of stay: August 2020