“Best Dude Ranch Experience”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Gallatin Gateway
Covered Wagon Ranch
New York City, New York
“Best Dude Ranch Experience”
Reviewed July 16, 2010

I traveled here with my parents and fiance and had a blast!! My parents were very hesitant about the horseback riding. The staff made them very comfortable and we had a wonderful time horseback riding. The food they prepared every day was excellent. The entire staff was extremely welcoming and the entire atmosphere at the ranch was very homey. I would definitely come back here again! I would recommend this trip to everyone!!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
South East
Reviewed July 8, 2010

We had a wonderful stay at the ranch, friendly staff, great food, my son is a very picky eater and they made a special "chicken strips with mac and cheese" just for him every evening. Before the trip was over they were making it for every child there. I couldn't arrange our trip for the normal "Sunday to Sunday" week and they were more than accommodating to work with my schedule.The log cabins are wonderful, rustic, very quiet, heated by woodstoves and a river right out front. We both slept great except for that one night the spotlight was in my window, which turned out to be a beautiful full moon shining down the valley. There is no cell phone service but did have a very good internet connection right in the cabin. Most importantly, we came to ride and ride we did, pretty much every day all day. I've been to many ranches and the riding was the best part of the of this trip. It wasn't short, nose to tail trail rides like most ranches, some days we rode right out from the back door or if you wanted longer rides they would trailer up the horses and take you to miles and miles of great trail back into the mountains, all within minutes of the ranch..with very friendly, accommodating wranglers we rode with groups or alone and anywhere we wanted to ride. My son was not an experienced rider so we even got an afternoon of "one on one" riding with him leading the way, great for him to learn better riding skills. We ended our stay with a fantastic rainbow across the valley the night before leaving. We made great friends among the staff and other guest, we are planning another trip already... and next time I'm also bringing the mountain bike.

Warren, RI
Reviewed July 5, 2010

I just returned from a week long visit to The Covered Wagon Ranch with several family members & wish we could have stayed a lot longer. The staff is friendly, helpful, & flexible; the food is fantastic; the views are amazing, and there are so many things to do in the area that you can't do them all. We went horseback riding, hiking, fishing, tubing on the river, took a trip to Yellowstone, and even had time to relax. The weather was excellent. This is a terrific place for a summer vacation!

New York City, New York
Reviewed July 4, 2010

I just reluctantly returned from the Covered Wagon and I can't say enough good things about it. I never write reviews but I had to do it for this place. The staff felt like family by the time I left. I wish I could have stayed for a month. The food is AMAZING, the accommodations are fantastic. The location is perfect. I can't say enough good things about the Covered Wagon. The Friday night cookout was a blast with a great band, great food and great people. My only complaint is that my legs are a little sore from running the horses down the long stretch next to the river. Other than that it was a perfect vacation. If you're thinking of going to Montana, do yourself a favor and go to the Covered Wagon Ranch.

1 Thank Pete125
Montreal
Reviewed June 30, 2010

I was a little hesitant about booking my 'first' dude ranch experience...and let me tell you I was not disappointed with this ranch. The location is beautiful. The cabins have a rustic feel but are comfortable, cozy and very clean. The food was excellent and the staff were outstanding & friendly. The wranglers were attentive and responsive to our needs. Erin, Lee, Chris, and Boone- thank you!!! I felt super comfortable on my horse (novice rider by the way) and was very satisfied with my riding experience. Horses were also great and friendly.
I would go back there in a flash! Love this part of Montana! Kudos to the owners Debi & JT and their staff!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with friends
Boston
Reviewed June 28, 2010

I visited this ranch in June 2010. This ranch is the best! Great cabins, perfect horses, friendly and efficient staff and the Wranglers were top notch! If you visit this Ranch you will not be disappointed.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled solo
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed June 24, 2010

Just wanted to let all future guests know, this is the perfect spot for a family vacation in Montana. The staff was incredibly friendly and provided top-notch service. From the well appointed cabins including oh so comfortable mattresses and linens, to the wood burning fireplaces and scrumptious meals prepared three times daily...we never wanted to leave! We all loved the knowledgeable and accommodating wranglers, which made for exciting and personalized rides. Out two year old had his first experience with horses and is so excited about being a "cowboy". We were close enough to Yellowstone to do a day trip, and they even packed our lunches to go. Just a few minutes from Whitewater rafting and fishing on the ranch too! This was a truly special experience for my family and allowed us to spend some quality time together in a fantastic atmosphere. I highly recommend visiting the Covered Wagon Ranch!!!

Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
#4 of 13 in Big Sky
320 Guest Ranch
320 Guest Ranch
#1 of 5 in Gallatin Gateway

Been to Covered Wagon Ranch? Share your experiences!