“magical”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Gallatin Gateway
Covered Wagon Ranch
Reviewed November 7, 2012

If you Have never experienced time at a western ranch you are missing the chance of a lifetime. This was my second trip to a ranch and the covered wagon exceeded my first experience which I did not think possible. The staff was wonderful food excellent beautiful scenery great horses. Melissa and Kurt were very accommodating and knowledgeable about the area. Wranglers were fun to ride with and helpful. I loved my cabin especially the wood stove. The staff supplied the necessary supplies which made it easy to start the fire. Last but not least the friendships made and experiences shared will last a lifetime.

Room Tip: All cabins are quaint with a beautiful view And rocking chair front porches
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank Haywo002

Reviewed October 27, 2012

if you enjoy mountains, horses, outdoors, and friendly people you need to visit the covered wagon ranch in montana. cabins are extreamly comfortable with wood burning fireplaces and claw foot tubs to soak in. the western decor makes you feel like you are visiting the old west. if you are a horse lover like i am you will truly enjoy their riding program. you can request your rideing preferance with your individual experiance and they will pair you with the perfect horse. the one thing that i love about this ranch is they have their own horses know each one and offer half and full day rides. the care the horses are given is excepitonal. i also have to mention kirk and his bride melissa, whom run the ranch and work hard to make your wishes come true, along with a great staff ! there arent enough words to describe the beauty of this country,all in all i give this ranch an excellent rating and have already booked for next year along with many others .

2  Thank mary p
Reviewed October 23, 2012

As 'limeys' in cowboy country it was an amazing experience. The walking, running and riding are excellent and the staff professional, caring and very friendly. Mind you exercise is a must as the food is to die for !!! Home made cookies and wonderful cuisine US style with the odd European menu thrown in !! The ranch is run by Melissa and Kurt who are both fully involved along with the wranglers, housing staff and the kitchen.
I hadn't sat on a horse since 1976 when I fell off my wife's !!! Kurt persuaded me to have a go and I ended up clocking over 60 miles on horseback........
A wonderful place staffed by wonderful people............'I'll be back' as Arnie would say !!

Room Tip: All the cabins are great and scattered around the ranch's dining and main lounge. All are wonder...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Havhest
Reviewed October 17, 2012

We recently stayed at the ranch to celebrate a friends birthday. When you think of a Dude Ranch it seems a bit cliche. What an unexpected surprise. Kurt and Meliisa made you feel like your were part of the ranch. Our favorite part was watching the horses run free in the wild and then return back to the ranch on their own and "hang out" with us around the camp fire! Our hosts, and our wrangler (Austin) were genuinely nice and kind people. Anyone who wants to experience a vacation where you can really just relax, enjoy nature and be with the heartland of America - this is it! Thanks so much for a special time.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank 497Sue
Reviewed October 1, 2012

Finally a ranch were they ask you "what type of ride do you want to do today". My vacation...my riding. Loved that the most!! The staff was great at the covered wagon ranch. Melissa and Kurt who manage the ranch were very intune with what the guest wanted. The wranglers were very informative and helpful and the kitchen and housekeeping staff showed how much they wanted to make my vacation one to remember! Melissa gave me great idea's one day when I went into West Yellowstone on where to eat, shop and best of all where to get the best ice cream I have ever had...thanks Melissa. Met some nice people,they too were enjoying the ranch just as much. The cabins were cozy and had maid service daily. Always had fresh towels if I wanted them. Always had hot water and wood for the stove. They keep a cooler at each cabin which they provide the ice so don't worry about keeping the nice bottle of wine cold. The food at the ranch was average but I did'nt go hungry. I have been to a few other ranches and I have to say no other ranch wanted to please me more!! Thanks Ya'all......

2  Thank nr4us
Reviewed October 1, 2012

Exceeded all my expectations. Melissa and Kurt went above and beyond to ensure we had a wonderful time. The Staff was excellent, our wrangler Austin was terrifc, the food was delicious, horses were very well taken care of, the cabins were clean, cozy and everything was perfect! You have to experience it to believe it!

2  Thank June C
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Our cabin was well appointed and comfortable. The food was simple cowboy, good food especially the breakfasts. Above and beyond all this the wonderful staff led by Kurt and Melissa made our four days at the ranch a never to be forgotten experience. All four of us are beginner riders but left feeling we had stretched our level of riding. We rode 3 days and went whitewater rafting 1day. My only suggestion for the ranch 's program would be to add some evening programs. IT WAS THE BEST!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
Best Western By Mammoth Hot Springs
320 Guest Ranch
320 Guest Ranch
#1 of 5 in Gallatin Gateway

Been to Covered Wagon Ranch? Share your experiences!