“Friendly, comfortable, fun!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Gallatin Gateway
Covered Wagon Ranch
Doylestown, Pa
“Friendly, comfortable, fun!”
Reviewed August 10, 2011

We recently stayed at the Covered Wagon Ranch. Wow. From the time we walked in during lunch til we left, the managers Tami and Chris made us feel like family. The meals by Tim, the cook were great. And of course the Wranglers made the experience fun even for us novice riders. All the folks were very friendly, down to earth. A great place to enjoy riding, the great outdoors, good fun and food. Will definitely look to book again next year.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Boston
Reviewed August 8, 2011

Our stay at Covered Wagon Ranch exceeded all expectations. The extremely helpful and friendly managers Tami and Chris as well as the wranglers, cooks and housekeeping staff helped making everything perfect. The meals were amazing, the cabins very cozy, comfortable and clean, and the horses and riding excellent.

Our group spent most of our rides with friendly and knowledgeable wrangler Zoe, who even managed to make happy and reasonably competent riders out of the two rookies in our group! We also had a great time riding with Lily and Boone. During our four days at the ranch we experienced breathtaking views from mountain tops, riding across meadows filled with beautiful alpine flowers, and saw local wildlife from the horse back.

The stay at the ranch was an overall amazing experience and I really hope we'll be back soon!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed August 7, 2011

After a week at the CWR 2 years ago which we absolutely loved, we committed to each other that we HAD to come back, and this August we did, and were not disappointed. The accommodation is authentic and comfortable, the food is excellent, the horse riding is top notch in breathtaking countryside, and the staff are just amazing. The managers, chefs, housekeepers, wranglers and Jacob the 'jack of all trades' all engaged, served, accomodated and entertained us like friends. My teenage daughter's comment was: 'I have found my happy place'.

We travel a lot as a family, and tend to seek out new places and experiences, but this is one place we will certainly come back to, despite being a long haul from Amsterdam.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank KenB10
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed August 1, 2011

The Covered Wagon Ranch was the most enjoyable, enlightening and breathtaking vacation my wife and I have ever taken. From managers Tami and Chris, to the amazing kitchen staff led by Tim, the incredible wrangler team (Boone, Kim, Lily, Brian and Zoe) and the meticulous housekeepers, we felt like it was our own ranch. Their enthusiasm and attention to detail made every ride, every meal and every event seem as new and exciting to them as it was for us.
Unlike most ranches, CWR owns all their horses-and they were all healthy and treasured animals. They've worked with most of them for many years and can match each one to any riding skill. During our stay, we felt as if Sixgun and Trigger were our horses and we could contribute as much, or as little, to their care and feeding as we wanted. That approach really adds to the cowboy experience.
The staff was always socializing with guests during every meal and each wrangler made sure they were carefully seated amongst the groups to ensure total interaction. The food equalled any five star hotel with service to match. The Friday night BBQ was certainly the highlight and should not be missed.
Each cabin was clean, comfortable and remarkably well maintained.
This unique blend of friendliness, caring and dedication truly puts CWR in a class by itself. In fact, even if there were no horses, we'd be back. It's that good.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Davis, California
Reviewed July 30, 2011

Great food with healthy or indulgent choices. Wonderful, personable staff that make you feel at home. This novice horse back riding family came to love their horses and daily rides. Our kids (9 and 12) want to come back next year, even though the ranch has no TV and they hardly were on the Internet the whole time there!

Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank SmileyJewell
Columbia, SC
Reviewed July 25, 2011

My husband, sister-in-law, niece and I just returned from a very short 3 nigh stay. We had not stayed at a ranch prior to this vacation and didn't know what to expect. We knew what we wanted and were not disappointed in any way and amazed by everything. The staff is awesome, very friendly, helpful and knowledgeable. I cannot say enough about the food; the meals were varied, delicious and plentiful. Meals are served on a buffet and seating is family style so you can meet the other guests and the staff easily. Our cabin was large and very comfortable with a porch and rocking chairs. There are many different trail rides available and the wranglers can help you choose the right one for you. They did a great job in matching us to our horses. The only downside was the location of the ranch; it is close to the main road. We arrived at lunch and by dinnertime we didn’t notice the road at all, too many beautiful vistas to keep us occupied. Not sure if I will get a chance to return but if I ever get back to the Big Sky area I will stay at The Covered Wagon Ranch again.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank Nanette803
Austin, Texas
Reviewed July 22, 2011

Covered Wagon Ranch was a great experience for my family. I had my daughter and her friend (22) and my son (15) with me for this trip. My son and I are not horse people but we went on 4 of the rides out of a total of 6. We even saw bears on one trip!!! It was beautiful country and the horses and wranglers were great!! We had different options each day from full day or half days. My son and I stayed with the same horse each day while my daughter and her friend kept changing. We went to different places each time and saw the most beautiful country ever. The log cabin was awesome very spacious, nice and cozy. The food was great each and every meal with awesome deserts. I loved the fresh made cookies each day and we couldn't wait each night to see what the appetizers were going to be that night. I loved getting together each night at the big supper table and find out what all the other guests did for the day. All the staff made you feel like family and we didn't want to leave!!!! I have such great memories and had such a great time bonding with my children that if your looking for one great trip with your family no matter what the age come to Montana to the Covered Wagon!!!! I have gone on many trips with my children but this one is in my top 3 favorites!!! You can't beat the beautiful country, food, lodging, horses and of course the staff!!! They made the difference from a good trip to one awesome trip !!!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
#1 of 5 in Gallatin Gateway
Lone Mountain Ranch
Lone Mountain Ranch
#2 of 13 in Big Sky

Been to Covered Wagon Ranch? Share your experiences!