“Affordable and clean rooms, friendly and helpful owners.”
Review of Pioneer Lodge

Pioneer Lodge
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Fort Benton
Pioneer Lodge
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Fort Benton
Reviewed June 6, 2012

We stayed at Pioneer Lodge one night prior to canoeing down the Missouri River for our honeymoon. Owners gave us a honeymoon discount and were helpful in answering questions about the area and businesses in town. Lots of history to the building and town in general and close access to river walking trail and businesses in town.

• Stayed: May 2012
1  Thank klpb27
Pioneer L, Manager at Pioneer Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2012

Thanks for staying with us before your canoe trip/honeymoon. Hope you made it back to Illinois safely and back to work. Congratulations again and hope to see you again some time in the future.

There are newer reviews for Pioneer Lodge

Reviewed May 25, 2012

We are repeat guests who always enjoy our stay at Pioneer Lodge in Fort Benton when we come for 2 wonderful annual community events, Spring Classic Fishing Derby and Summer Celebration. We appreciate the friendly family atmosphere accomodating my children & grandchildren's needs so everyone has a wonderful visit. This is a value packed lodge where we know we will get a good nights sleep, enjoy a clean bathroom & bedroom, be able to visit with friends & family around our room table or out in the lounge and we know they will go out of their way to make our stay a success. We have stayed in all three of the different size rooms that are available, depending on our needs for the visit. The location is with in walking distance of many of the wonderful places to visit in Fort Benton. Our family loves staying at the Pioneer Lodge when in Fort Benton.

Room Tip: Discuss your specific needs for your stay with the management to choose which room will best meet yo...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank connie011
Pioneer L, Owner at Pioneer Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2012

Thanks, Connie and all your extended family. We look forward to your return for Summer Celebration at the end of June.

Reviewed April 18, 2012

The Pioneer Lodge is a unique historical conversion, from a ground-floor retail space into a comfortable hotel. As a result, the configuration of the rooms is unusual, and not all of them have an outside window, an unfortunate consequence. The owners have attempted to deal with this by decorating the rooms with themes relating directly to the town's rich historical past.

All the rooms face an interior hallway, with a window to that common hallway. There is also a common area with comfy chairs and big picture windows facing Front Street and, just beyond, beautiful views of the Missouri River.

Our comfortable room (the "Bridge") had a downstairs queen bed, and a loft or mezzanine, accessed via a spiral staircase, with two twin beds and a window with nice morning sun.

A simple continental breakfast is included in the room rate, with a few store-bought sweets, coffee, and juice.

The manager was very attentive, chatty, and eager to share the finer points of her community.

The hotel is right across the street from the 1.5 mile walking path along the Missouri River, with informative historical markers along its entire length, and museums or displays at either end.

Room Tip: The rooms with an exterior window are a little nicer.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank russchapter1
Reviewed October 14, 2011

I chose to make reservations at the Pioneer Lodge because I was trying to save my clients some money (I was in town for work), but if I was on my own dime, there's no question I'd stay down the street at the Grand Union. Yes, the Pioneer Lodge is only $60, so I don't expect fancy, and the out-of-date decor doesn't even both me. But what does bother me are rooms that are in serious need of some attention from a vacuum and duster. The vents and walls had visible accumulated dirt (I'm talkiing black marks on the walls and vents so fuzzy it looked like a small animal hanging on the ceiling), carpets and upholstery that I don't think had ever seen more than a cursory vacuum (again, visible black marks and other assorted grossness) and mold on the shower curtain. And then there's the common area--a DISGUSTING microwave that I was afraid to warm up tea water in and the owner's yappy dog that is allowed to run down the hallway. The manager is friendly and the place could be a great value if it was just cleaned up. A little funky, yes, but funky is ok. Dirty is not. Yuck--stay somewhere else. If the Grand Union is too rich for your blood, Great Falls is 35 minutes away. I really hope the management puts some time and effort into a cleanup because this place could be a good option, but until they invest some serious elbow grease, I won't be staying there again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with an outside window (the rooms with lofts have them on the upper level) and climat...
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
3  Thank stlawraj
Reviewed August 26, 2011

I found this hotel quiet and comfortable. I did not notice the dust in the corners, my room seemed very clean. The owners were very friendly. The price was right and it is located right next to the "bloodiest block in the west" and the Missouri River walkway is right accross the street. I was able to enjoy a nice history walk and night out on the town and didn't have to drive!

Room Tip: I was in room 3 but I would guess all of the rooms are fine.
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed August 7, 2011

Great spacious room for 4 adults. Queen bed downstairs and full bed up in the loft. Our best night's stay on our vacation. Location couldn't've been better--right on the Missouri in historic Fort Benton.

• Stayed: August 2011
Reviewed June 24, 2010

My Mom and I made a trip to the area for a class reunion. A simple upkeep of the facilities would have greatly improved the experience. It was a great location, and has great access to the river, but it was overpriced for the quality. Unfortunately there is only one other choice. Spend the extra and take the other choice.

• Stayed: June 2010
3  Thank tamaramac

Been to Pioneer Lodge? Share your experiences!