“A NYC 5 star chef...in Montana!”
Review of Union Grille

Union Grille
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Serving Montana Regional Cuisine in a Historic setting. Patio dining next to the Missouri River. Many ingredients are locally sources and our trained Chef cooks dishes according to the season. AAA three diamond rating.
Reviewed February 6, 2012

...what a great meal and time...party of six had a blast and a great meal...lobster in Montana!

Reviewed January 25, 2012

My husband and I choose to eat the the Union Grille whenever we are celebrating an important event. We love the menu based on seasonal, local fare and we have never been disappointed by anything we ordered. Service is excellent. As a bonus, stay at the Grand Union Hotel for a nice getaway.

Reviewed October 27, 2011

Get a real Montana meal with excellence and a twist of flavors that you cannot get just anywhere.

Reviewed October 14, 2011

After a long day of work and as a break from the Pioneer Lodge accommodations (see my review on this one--don't stay there until some serious cleanup work happens), I decided to treat myself to dinner at the Grand Union, and what a treat it was. My meal started with a fall kale salad dressed in a house-made berry vinagrette with goat cheese chunks (not crumbles--big creamy chunks) and roasted parsnips and apples. The fresh catch of the day was mussel-stuffed flounder done perfectly, not overcooked like so many Montana restaurants, and the meal finished off with a pumpkin bread pudding that wasn't at all like the overly syrupy and soggy bread pudding you see so many other places. And the staff was friendly and attentive without being overbearing or too familiar. I left satisfied but not stuffed. What a treat!

Reviewed October 1, 2011

At the recommendation of the staff when I made the reservation, we had an 8:00 dinner reservation in the attached restaurant – The Union Grille. Good thing too, since there weren’t many other places to eat in the town that looked really appealing. We had a very nice dinner. The food was a creative for Montana; a focus on locally grown and season appropriate ingredients, but the wine list was pretty basic. We had a nice waitress whose husband actually owned a farm about 10 miles outside of town. She was really interesting to talk to. It looked as though there were many locals in the restaurant that night, which is always a good sigh. Liked the restaurant so much, we ate in the bar area the second night. Menu was scaled down, but I had an excellent burger