“Charming Home and Hostess”

Lark and Laurel Bed and Breakfast
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Fort Benton
Lark and Laurel Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 2 Fort Benton B&B and Inns
Saint Paul, Minnesota
“Charming Home and Hostess”
Reviewed June 2, 2014

This B&B is a 40 minute drive north east of Great Falls, MT. I'm so glad Laurie had availability! I cannot imagine a better option than Lark and Laurel. Laurie warmly welcomed me with a range of beverage options and a snack after I arrived at almost 9pm. She gave me a tour and made sure I was comfortable and had whatever I needed. Wifi was great. The next morning I had a lovely breakfast in the beautifully appointed dining room. My room was very comfortable. Everything from the common rooms, the gardens and my room were lovely. Laurie is a warm, welcoming host. I highly recommend you try Lark and Laurel if you are ever in the area!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank Mahalo3

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Lakeside, Montana
Reviewed August 3, 2013

Laurie's lovely smile lit up the afternoon, when my friend and I arrived in the rain. Amidst live music in the parlor, she offered crackers and wine and showed us to our beautiful room in this amazingly restored, historical Ft. Benton home. She suggested several different places in town for dinner, and called for reservations for us. She even had a little guest refrigerator for our dinner leftovers. We stayed in the Red Room and the bed was like sleeping in a cloud. The breakfast of fresh fruit, crepes and strong coffee and tea, was amazing! I would highly recommend the Lark and Laurel! Cozily decorated, we felt completely at home, at this wonderful B&B; Laurie and Ross are very gracious hosts.
This friendly, historical town really takes care of it's own; we were referred to other businesses every place we visited!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank RendaLou
Swift Current, Canada
Reviewed May 27, 2013

My wife and I were greeted most warmly by our hosts, Laurie and Ross, who made us feel right at home. Upon our arrival, Laurie was quick to offer us cheese, crackers and a glass of wine! One morning prior to our breakfast, Ross created a romantic atmosphere by setting a fire in the wood fireplace with classical music playing in the background. As we sipped our coffee, my wife and I sat in our comfortable chairs in the livingroom and just relaxed, hearing the crackle of buring wood and soft violin music. Such peace! Our king size bed was most comfortable and both of us enjoyed a good night's rest. We chose the 'Red Room' on the upper storey overlooking the streets of Fort Benton. What a view! When I opened the window, we could smell the scent of lilac trees and we could hear a chorus of songbirds. The breakfast was deilcious with crepes smothered in blueberry sauce and a fruit cup covered with a layer of creamy yogurt...hmmmm...so good! We will be back...no doubt about that!

Room Tip: All rooms are appealing! We recommend the Red Room as it is quite spacious and has an ensuite bathro...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank James W
Gainesville, Florida
Reviewed May 23, 2013

What a wonderful place to stay! My husband and I recently stayed in the Blue Room at the Lark and Laurel for two nights. The Blue Room is at the back of the house at the top of the stairs next to the bathroom. All the rooms are beautifully appointed. And there are surprises at every turn. For example, at the top of the stairs there is a chair with a basket of yarn and knitting needles. Being a knitter myself, I felt that this touch enhanced the feeling of being at a friend’s house. Laurie and Ross offer a warm welcome and are available for anything you might need. We are vegetarians and Ross made a few phone calls to help locate a vegetarian friendly restaurant for us for dinner. Laurie made Peanut Butter Cookies one afternoon and served them to us right out of the oven as we watched the evening news in the front room.

Breakfasts at the Lark and Laurel are gourmet delights – one day Laurie made us Blueberry Blintzes and the next morning she made Cornmeal Pancakes with black beans and scrambled eggs. There was also a wonderful fresh fruit cup, juice and robust coffee.

Fort Benton is a great town to visit – and in my opinion the Lark and Laurel is the best place to stay.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Joan L
Napa, California
Reviewed April 7, 2013

We stayed here in January while visiting family in Fort Benton. Laurie and Ross were welcoming and accommodating to our arrival schedule. The breakfasts were delicious, as were the cookies when we checked in! We stayed in the red room. The bed, and whole room, was comfortable and we appreciated our own bathroom. We'll definitely stay here the next time we are in Fort Benton.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank 733StaceyM
Calgary
Reviewed March 24, 2013

We made a slight detour in our route in order to visit Fort Benton and stay at this B&B and we will be making the same detour in future. Bed was great (we stayed in the Red Room), breakfast was delicious, house was welcoming, and owners were delightful. Location is also good - in a quiet neighborhood but close to the downtown area. This is what a B&B should be like!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Pandurbud
Highwood, Montana
Reviewed February 25, 2013

This hometown B&B is the best choice if you want to stay in a small town that is country oriented. The B&B is so clean, homey, friendly and so accommodating to families. Laurie & Ross do all they can to make your stay memorable and comfortable. The food is delicious, menu can be changed for food allergies or gluten free guests. A great place to get away to relax, stay while visiting family or see what the Big Sky has to offer. You won't be sorry you stayed here I promise! We have had family stay here as we live close by, they will be returning this summer for 5 days.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Beth R

Been to Lark and Laurel Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!