“Can't wait to go back.”

Trappers Saloon
Ranked #3 of 20 Restaurants in Eureka
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Large groups, Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
Eureka, California
“Can't wait to go back.”
Reviewed January 8, 2012

On a whim my wife and I decided to drive to Eureka, MT to spend new years eve. Tired and road weary we spotted the trappers saloon, pulled up the bar for an early dinner and... a neat guy in a Russian fur cap (chock-taw?) sits down beside us, checks his revolver in behind the counter and proceeds to tell us stories about the alignment of the planets, the coming apocalypse and why we should be moving to Eureka, Montana. Wonderful man. Needless to say we couldn't stop from grinning. Everyone there was so friendly. What a great place. Its obvious the owners really care about the place, the chicken fried steak I had was as good as it gets, the local beers (a white ale and something with the word “pig” in it) were excellent (this coming from somewhat a beer snob). Wife had a burger and I was lucky to get a bite. Emmm! Food made to order and perfect.. little things make such a difference like the salad greens which were as good as what I pick from the back yard on a good day. Thanks. Can't wait to come back.

• Visited December 2011

Calgary, Canada
“What a cool place!”
Reviewed October 8, 2011

We stopped at Trappers Saloon for a late lunch. I was somewhat worried when we were the only people in the place. It turns out that there wasn't anything to worry about. The service was friendly and efficient. The food was great and the portions ample. I found it amusing that a mug of draft was pretty much the same price as a soda. You get a basket of peanuts when you sit down and you get to toss the shells on the floor.

• Visited September 2011
Eureka, Montana
“I really like this place...”
Reviewed September 5, 2011

The last thing I expected in the middle of nowhere. Great food, good prices, and the Friendliest staff. Thanks Tina and Roger for a wonderful time. Live bands on Thursday night and weekends. Terrific ambiance. Bonfire outside by the huge deck. If you go to Kallispell or Whitefish, I suggest you spend another 45 minutes on the road, so you don't miss this cool restaurant and bar. Kids are welcome.

• Visited August 2011
Eureka, Montana
“Good Steak”
Reviewed August 27, 2011

Stopped on my way back from Missoula for lunch. They still have cold beer and friendly service. attentive staff and prompt service. Would recomend to anyone for beer and a burger or a steak. They now have a shuttle bus as well for those who dont want to drink and drive at night.

• Visited August 2011
zjan
“Great little spot”
Reviewed September 29, 2010

Good food. Cheap beer. Great atmosphere. If I'm in Eureaka again I'll definately eat at Trappers again.