The Jeffers Inn
Fairweather Inn(Virginia City)(Great Value!)
$150
$130
$145
  • Free Internet
The Lodge at Big Sky(Big Sky)(Great Value!)
$209
Lone Mountain Ranch(Big Sky)(Great Value!)
$375
River Rock Lodge(Big Sky)(Great Value!)
$180
Hotels.com
Huntley Lodge(Big Sky)
Priceline
All reviewscrystal palacedelicious breakfastevery morningcomfortable bednight's sleephouse is beautifulleighbobencampmenthistoryhostsbnbtentsknowledge
Reviewed August 6, 2013

Stayed two nights and it was spectacular! Small town, great, scenic farming/ranching community. Bob and Leigh were great hosts, food and hospitality were great, and rooms were very well decorated and the beds were comfy! Would highly recommend a stay here! PS, Bob's horse drawn carriage ride through the countryside was a very special extra!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank GibsonDudley
Reviewed August 5, 2013

I can't say enough about the Jeffers Inn! If you are anywhere near Ennis (a cute small town), you should try to stay in the Jeffers Inn. The house is beautiful and immaculate. At first I was taken aback at all the antiques and "fluff" in our room, but Leigh assured us that the array of pillows would magically disappear, and they did. My wife commented several times on Leigh's amazing eye for style and detail. I (as did my wife) really enjoyed Leigh and Bob's knowledge of the history of their home as well the Ennis area, which they obviously love to share. Bob has led a full and varied life (get him talking; you will be glad you did) and Leigh's many interests and accomplishments include her collection of native american flutes and a wonderful mini-concert she gave as we visited in the patio one evening. Both hosts went out of their way to make our stay pleasant and memorable. Some other guests had children who loved horses, so Bob hitched up his matching team to his antique wagon and gave them a ride. (Incidentally, they were staying in the tents and Indian teepee in the back yard and seemed to really enjoy it.) our One of our traveling companions mentioned her love and knowledge of horses, so Bob squeezed in another wagon ride for our group later in the day. In summary, the breakfasts are gourmet, the furnishings are elegant, and the house and surrounding grounds are beautiful and quiet; the back of Jeffers Inn property backs up to huge fields where deer (and I'm sure other animals) come down to feed in the evenings. We have stayed in the Simpson House in Santa Barbara, the only 5-star B&B in California, and in my opinion, Jeffers Inn beats it by a star.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Hawk5645
Reviewed July 30, 2013

With the help of the Internet and a bit of luck, we found one of the three best bed and breakfasts of all of our travels. One was in Nelson, New Zealand, the second in the Isle of Skye in Scotland and the third is here in Ennis Montana. Bob and Leigh were our hosts for our four-day stay here at the Jeffers Inn this July 2013.

What made this Montana B&B unique was its “history,” its furnishings, and the ability of both Bob and Leigh to spin a story.

In the man-up room filled with furs and stuffed real animals, Bob proudly showed off his stuffed “jackalope.” He said: “The only other time you will see one of these anymore is in a taxidermy shop.”

This mythical creature is like a rabbit with antelope horns. It reminded me of a redneck’s interpretation of a unicorn.

Of course Leigh had her own specialty: She asserted that the house was previously owned by a prostitute who married one of her rich tricks. Once financially comfortable, she turned the house into a brothel. So the lady of the night became entrepreneur so to speak and invited young beautiful women to satisfy her muse – and the satisfaction of many male visitors. Of course she died in the front parlor room of the house – just before lighting her last cigarette. So sad.

We stayed in the delightfully decorated Crystal Palace Room – Complete with framed pictures of sensuously dressed ladies, a whirlpool tub with pre-burnt candles, and Direct TV . We enjoyed the great breakfast variety, and we had the run of the property. Oh, I failed to mention, we were treated to a dual hitched horse wagon ride around the neighborhood and through the local cemetery. We saw where the earlier and then “Madam” of the house was buried.

To add to the fantasy, we breakfasted with a young man from Australia who was touring the US on a motorcycle; a couple from California who has come for years to fly fish in the Madison River; and a non-athletic fellow from the Chicago area with a strange penchant to compete in backroom Marathon races all over the US.

Personally we loved it. I am sure you will too. But be sure to look up at the light globe in the shower in the Crystal Palace Room before you soap up.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank AMKLafayetteIndiana
Reviewed July 30, 2013

I stayed at the Jeffers Inn to participate in the Madison Marathon which takes place in the Ennis area. Leigh and Bob Fosnot were exceptional hosts and absolutely nothing was lacking. I stayed for a total of 4 nights, two in the Encampment, which offered a furnished tent. (This is also known as glamping and if you enjoy camping without the work, you should try this!) The other two nights I stayed in the main building.

The excellent breakfasts were prepared to perfection, were delicious, and were served in elegant surroundings. Considering how well done the meals were, I wondered how Leigh managed to have enough time to prepare them. The house was built in approximately 1900 and has a lot of history, which you can learn about,.

I travel a lot in business mainly but this was a special trip for me to participate in a very challenging endurance event, so it was important to me to get good a good night's sleep. The beds were phenomenal. I have to say I was extremely pleased with my stay at the Jeffers Inn and would recommend it very highly for your stay in the Ennis area.

Room Tip: You really can't go wrong with any room here.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Howard B
Reviewed July 12, 2013

We stayed at the Jeffers Inn over the 4th and thoroughly enjoyed the Inn and meeting Robert and Leigh. The Inn and grounds are beautiful and provided cool and serene relief from the heat. There was absolutely nothing that could be improved upon. We stayed in a tent in the Encampment which was completely furnished, as pictured, and delightful. If you are staying in Ennis this should be your first choice.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple