“Terrific lodge, fishing, food”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ennis
Madison Valley Ranch
Ranked #5 of 10 Specialty Lodging in Ennis
Reviewed July 3, 2013

My husband and I stayed four nights and fished three days. I would highly recommend this lodge. Elizabeth takes great care of your needs. The chef is terrific. Our guide, Nate, was fantastic. I came to the lodge with little fly fishing experience. Everyone made me feel comfortable. Their instructions were great. They are passionate about fly fishing and ensuring that everyone has a good, successful experience. I hope to return again.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed October 3, 2012

MVR is an awesome specialty lodge located in SW Montana. MVR caters to fly fishers who want a total immersion in fly fishing for trout in SW Montana. The lodge has excellent rooms, 5 star cuisine, complimentary wine and beer, snacks and a chef prepared 4 course meal in the evening in the dining room where you can share your experiences of that day's fishing.
Guided float trips are included in the package. Clothing, flies, etc are available.at MVR.

For the non-fishers, Ennis is a few minutes away, and has fly shops, restaurants, anitques, gas stations, and other amenities you would expect in a small town. Bozeman is approx. 1 hour north of Ennis, and offers quality restaurants, shops, stores, airlines, rental cars, and services. Yellowstone Park is approx. 1 1/2 hours south.

We have absolutely no negative comments about this facilty or our experiences. We intend to return to MVR in the near future, and strongly recommend MVR to anyone considering a trip to SW Montana.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank kentuckytroutbum
Reviewed October 1, 2012

MVR was a great location for fishing and for friends to get together. Our group has been fishing together for 30 years and this was the best site, by a long shot, for the quality of the facilities, the superb food, and the terrific staff.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 24, 2012

It is more than a respite from the day-to-day business of our lives; it is a destination, a comfort, and a feeling of well being that we enjoy in your company, and all of the folks that are a part of the MVR experience. The fishing, food, fun, and friendships makes the overall experience a whole that is greater than the sum of its parts. This was the 4th time at MVR and it is truly a wonderful experience.

Room Tip: Duplexes are large almost suite like. Upstairs channel rooms in the big house have the best views.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 15, 2012

Elizabeth and Scott Warren, lodge manager and executive chef, could just as easily be doing those jobs in the finest Four Seasons Hotel. While the ranch is perfectly situated close by the Madison River, one of the world's premier fly fishing destinations, and the amenities and facilities take a back seat to no place, the hosts make a world of difference. We are frequent ranch visitors and have always considered Vista Verde the best of all, but Madison Valley Ranch, a fly fishing destination, is its equal though limited to one attraction. My son and I visited for a three-day fishing package. Our guides, Dave and Charlie, were excellent. My son has become a fly-fishing devotee, a major accomplishment since the pole was not attached to XBox. The food at Madison Valley is beyond description. Step aside El Bulli. (Yes, I know it's closed, but will we ever know whether Scott's food actually led to the demise of the great Spanish institution) Elizabeth Warren has a personality that fills every room in the ranch. The wine list is exceptional as well and there is an exceptional supply of beer and soft drinks.
You don't have to be a fly fisherman to love this ranch but you will be when they're done with you. It's a short drive from Bozeman. Add it to your list of must do's.

Room Tip: There is no ac in the rooms but it doesn't matter, you'll still need a blanket. All the room...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed June 18, 2012

My brother had his bachelor party/trip at Madison Valley Ranch (MVR) back a couple of years ago. Such a fantastic change from the been there/done that Vegas guys trip. We stayed at the guest house behind the main lodge at it was very upscale and comfortable...had a huge flat screen TV, its own kitchen, living room and bathrooms.

The fishing was fantastic...my first day of fishing (float trip) I netted 17. The second day I netted 12.

The food was on par with the finest restaurants in Denver using local ingredients. Scott is a superb chef.

Elizabeth is a high energy, warm and charming manager of MVR. She is very responsive and makes your stay the best possible experience.

I had such a great time that I've booked another trip this summer for a father/son trip.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed August 11, 2010

I went to this lodge for a business meeting. Probably the best meeting place i have ever been to for Strategic Planning meetings. The setting is spectacular. It is a 3 minute walk to great fishing on the Madison River after the days meetings were completed. When we returned to the lodge, we found expertly prepared hors de ouvres and Dancing Trout beer in frosted mugs. My friends preferred wine, and i was told they have an excellent. wine list.
After the meetings ended , I stayed on for two days of guided float fishing. The Madison is one of those famous places that lives up to all the hype. The guides were excellent. Big, feisty Browns and lots of them. At the end of the day, fosted mugs, gourmet meal, and we watched the World Series in very comfortable recliners.
Needless to say, I had a few thoughts of closing my business and staying on for a while.
This place is nice enough to bring your wife. The decor, beds, food etc are all top notch.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank gary089

Been to Madison Valley Ranch? Share your experiences!