“Glad we did not see Trip Advisor reviews before we found this motel or we may not have stayed there.”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ennis
Riverside Motel & Cabins RV Park
Ranked #4 of 10 Specialty Lodging in Ennis
Oro Valley, Arizona
Reviewed September 21, 2010

My husband and I drove to Ennis to fish the Madison River after our stay in Yellowstone NP. We called Ennis motels on the way and decided to try the Riverside because of its location and reasonable rates. We were pleasantly surprised to find a very cozy, homey and most importantly CLEAN place to stay. Flower boxes brimming with flowers...handmade quilt on our bed......micro and small refrigerator. Clean and comfortable. We also liked that we could park right outside of our room.
Our one night reservation extended into three nights.
Sorry to read the negative reviews by others who had stayed there but our experience was just the opposite. A friendly family owned motel. We can't wait to visit Ennis and stay at the Riverside again.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank traveler31297

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Idaho
Reviewed October 2, 2009

I am so surprised by the reviews after staying here. My husband and I were traveling through Ennis and stopped because the place looked so cute. I love vintage motels. The owner was so nice and gave us a great deal on the largest cottage they had which we would not have been able to afford on our budget. The cottage was spotless with a living area, large kitchenette, large bedroom and huge bathroom. We had a great little yard with beautiful floors. The owner also gave us great tips about things to do in the area. I plan to stay here again.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank typbarb
Henderson, Nevada
Reviewed August 23, 2009

My sister and I used to stay at the Riverside at least twice a summer when it was owned by a wonderful couple Bob and Elsie. They have since sold, and the new owners have made NO improvements! In addition, they are the most unfriendly, unwelcoming, UN-Montana like people I have ever encountered. They put us in the smallest cabin. The bathroom door hit the wall every time it was opened. The shower pressure was a trickle; the bed was uncomfortable and the bedding didn't smell fresh; need I say more?

One morning there was a parade in town. The owner told us that we would receive only minimal housekeeping service so his staff could attend the parade. I've never heard of that!

I don't mind 'roughing it'; after all, I am from Montana. But this experience was beyond bad!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
4 Thank LasVegasLaura69
NY
Reviewed July 20, 2009

Stayed in one of the newer cabins. It was okay. Small room, modern bathroom, nothing fancy. I'm not used to staying in cabins, and there were quite a few bugs in the room, not the fault of the owners, but anything in the area with doors that open directly to the street, is going to have that problem. The room had a funky smell, I think it was the carpet, not dirty, just the smell of the indoor outdoor type of carpet. In the defense of the place, it was clean, just not something I would usually stay in. I can't honestly say there is anything else out there, as it is a tiny town, with nothing to do unless you are fishing. We stayed there to put us close to Virginia and Nevada city. Internet is advertised, but there was no connecting to it at all.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank mittmott
boston
Reviewed August 10, 2008

We reserved a site in the RV park for two nights because they were in the center of town. When we arrived, we found that they had no bathroom facilities for RV.area. The water supply to the area had a problem so the owner was using a hose to fill holding tanks. We accepted that for the night. The next morning, I asked the owner to either get a Y connection and another hose to connect us to a direct water supply, or allow us to use an empty room's bathroom for later that day. Five of us were dressing for a wedding. The one hose was now connected to another camper . I did not want to use the holding tank and keep refilling it or have to negotiate with other campers for access to the hose. The owner was extremely rude and belligerent. He woke the other RV owner and took the hose off their camper and put it on ours and said "There, now you have water. In Montana, we try to help our neighbors." He refused to give us any information about water access for later that day, it was "his problem" not ours. I asked him if he could not guarantee us direct access to water, could he direct us to another RV park where we could get full services. He said it was not his responsibility to help us find another campground. He told me again that "Here in Montana, we are friendly folks and help our neighbors" and he left us. We did find another park on our own and did not return.
Riverside motel's "RV park " is just the back lot of the motel, which you cannot see on the website, and which the owner does not tell you on the phone. If you go here, you'd better be truly self- contained, even to requesting what you have paid for, or you are not welcome. Go to Ennis RV village, they are a parking lot set-up, but were extremely nice to us after we fled Riverside motel/ RV park.

• Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
2 Thank rnccns
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ennis
The Lodge at Big Sky
#3 of 13 in Big Sky
Sportsman's Lodge
Sportsman's Lodge
#6 of 10 in Ennis

Been to Riverside Motel & Cabins RV Park? Share your experiences!