“Great location BUT”
Review of Circle R Motel

Circle R Motel
Reviewed August 6, 2013

1. Dishonest. They charged us $10 bucks paying with card without telling us
2. Dishonest. They charged us $10 bucks for using their Pack-n-Play without telling us
3. No working WIFI.
4. Extremly poor service.
5. Super thin walls = you hear everything, and i mean everything!!!

But it is close to the train and that is good.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Sara L

Reviewed August 5, 2013

This is a Great place to stay..we had a bad experience at our scheduled reservation so we just left with no idea what to do..called Circle R, Soo very nice & helpfull, hooked us up with a Really Nice-Big Room at the Best Rate, with a Small grocery on one corner, a cute lil restaurant on the other..
Would so stay here again and you won't be Sorry you did.. :)

Room Tip: Just make a Reservation..u won't be sorry
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank DONNAW20010
Reviewed July 23, 2013

We stayed here because it is close to GNP where we would be doing lots of hiking during the days and all we needed was a place to crash at night. It was also the only place we could find in our price range with vacancies.
The rooms were pleasantly large and clean with plenty of space to spread out.
Probably at least as big if not bigger than other places in EGP with comparable rates.

There was a nice, large vanity and mirror with 1sink out in the room and
separate toilet and bath room that was all very clean.
There was a microwave and good size fridge for a hotel room.
There is no ice machine available at the hotel at all, you have to go buy it down the street.
The AC was a necessity in the heat of summer and was barely adequate.

The WIFI was not working the first 2 days we were there. Others had been complaining about it too but the young woman at the desk didn't know how to fix it. On the 3rd day I finally got the gentleman at the front desk to reset the routers and then it worked fine. They should have been able to do that at the 1st report of problems.

The people at the front desk were pleasant and accommodating within their resources and abilities.
It's a fine place if you're not going to spend a lot of time actually in the room and just need a place to crash at night.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank LittletonCoBillb
Reviewed July 5, 2013

If this motel were in West Glacier, my rating would be lower. However, the lodging choices in East Glacier Park are very different from those in West Glacier. Everything is relative!

My husband and I planned this trip to Glacier and made reservations in West Glacier and East Glacier Park months in advance. At that time, we did not think about any motel not having air conditioning nor did we think the temperatures in Glacier would reach 94 degrees. We spent our first three nights in West Glacier in a wonderful lodge. By the time we were moving to the East side of the Park, the temperatures had been in the 90's for a couple of days. We discovered that the motel we had made reservations at had no air conditioning. Fortunately, the place has a generous cancellation policy and the owner was very understanding.

We checked around East Glacier Park and found two motels with air conditioning. Circle R was the best for the price and location. Location is on the main drag across from the Amtrak station and within walking distance of restaurants, the post office and small store. Parking is in front and to the side. There are two floors, no elevator. As I understood it, our room was one of the renovated rooms. We stayed four nights in room 24 on the first floor with a king bed, mini fridge and microwave. And, best of all - air conditioning! The bed was comfortable. The furniture looked fairly new. The dresser had lots of drawer space. The place was quiet. It looked like the front of the motel had once been open with a porch and has been enclosed. This gives the rooms a barrier from the train and road noise. We never heard either. The staff was very friendly and helpful with suggestions of places to eat, giving us extra towels, etc. The bathroom was a good size, long countertop with one sink, great water pressure and a high shower head.

On the downside, the walls in room 24 are painted a milk chocolate brown. Pretty color if in a large area, but in a motel room/bathroom it becomes cave like. Especially with no overhead lighting and three small lamps in the room. The towels and wash cloths are rough and thin. The blanket is stiff with pilling. Pillows are not great - but, not an issue for us as we always carry our own. TV is DISH with a horrible selection - a lot of the channels that sell things.

Keep in mind, even with the cons I mention, options are limited - especially for rooms with air conditioning - in East Glacier!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank CarolinaGypsy
Reviewed September 20, 2012

We called and cancelled a few hours after we made the reservation and was told there is no cancelation number. We were later charged a no show fee. I called & the owner said that she would check into it and call me back. After a week I called again and was rudely told somebody would call me. After another week I called again and was told by the manager that he would check into it and would call me back the next day. Another week went by and I called again and asked for the owner or manager and was told that neither was in, so I left a message, and asked for the name of the person with whom I was speaking. The person got very evasive and said the she was an “employee”, and that’s all that she would give me. Three weeks since I was last told somebody would call me. Seven weeks and five phone calls now….turning it over to American Express to handle.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 11, 2012

We stayed in a ground floor King room in the newer building. The facts: The huge bathroom with tub and shower was new and very clean. I could've used more hot water for my bath in the evening, but my husband said he had plenty of hot water in the morning for his shower. The room was very clean except for the microwave and fridge. The door locked with a key only, no dead bolt. The mattresses and bedding could use some updating but was clean. We slept good. They've added a front to this building, which is like an enclosed hallway, so you don't hear any outside noise. No free breakfast, no pool, no hot tub, but we were there to see Glacier National Park. My opinion: We really liked this place because it had Montana charm, great people working there, and the price was good for the area.They quoted us $97.18 on the phone. This includes the tax already.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ParkDreamer
Reviewed August 18, 2012

All the rooms with 2 beds are on the second floor - so handicapped people beware - no elevator. The decor is about 20 years outdated and I wasn't sure the sheets were fresh. The internet does NOT work and the computer tech traveling with me who offered to fix the router, for free, was rejected - they'd rather wait for a service call from their company - takes a week - when the problem could have been fixed in about five minutes (for free - we just needed the internet). No breakfast yet pricey - I paid $108 and might not be so disappointed had I only been charged $58!! No ice machine or vending machines. Would not recommend this hotel unless you are desperate - I've stayed in worse places but there are certainly nicer ones too.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
#4 of 10 in East Glacier Park
Sears Motel and Campground
Sears Motel and Campground
#4 of 6 in East Glacier Park

Been to Circle R Motel? Share your experiences!