“Dated and inconvenient”

Circle R Motel
Newark, New Jersey
“Dated and inconvenient”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2012

All the rooms with 2 beds are on the second floor - so handicapped people beware - no elevator. The decor is about 20 years outdated and I wasn't sure the sheets were fresh. The internet does NOT work and the computer tech traveling with me who offered to fix the router, for free, was rejected - they'd rather wait for a service call from their company - takes a week - when the problem could have been fixed in about five minutes (for free - we just needed the internet). No breakfast yet pricey - I paid $108 and might not be so disappointed had I only been charged $58!! No ice machine or vending machines. Would not recommend this hotel unless you are desperate - I've stayed in worse places but there are certainly nicer ones too.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Iron Mountain, Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2012

This motel was PERFECT during my seven days visiting Glacier. We stayed in the room that had three beds, which is really two rooms and a bathroom. There were two doubles and a king. The rooms were large, clean, and comfortable. There was a mini fridge in the room. If you are accustomed to staying in fancy resorts, this place is not for you. If you are used to wake up calls and mints on your pillow, this place is not for you. If you stay at the motel for most of your day, instead of out exploring the park, this place is not for you. Stay at the Glacier Lodge, or one of the many other more upscale hotels in and around the park. This place is a perfect place to relax after a long day of hiking in the park. Yes, the bathroom was small (but not unreasonably so), and there was no TV or phone in our room; however, my cell phone worked fine and internet is available at the store next door for $2.00, and I am on vacation...I don't need a TV. There is a reasonably priced diner, grocery store, gas station, AMAZING MEXICAN PLACE, and post office within a few steps of the motel. This place is a good value and I would not hesitate to stay here again.

Room Tip: Room #1 has three beds!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank IHIKE R
Shanghai
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2012

The owner warned me the old wing of the hotel was "old" and lacked amenities. That is not what bothered me though. It was the blinds that would not close all the way and the cleanliness of the room was average at best. For the price of $58/night, I think it should have been at least ten dollars cheaper per night, or worthwhile to stay at another place for $10-20 more.

Room Tip: Stay in the new wing
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these East Glacier Park hotels

Western New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2012

We made reservations for a 2-night stay when we visited Glacier National Park. Bill, the front desk person made no bones about it that their "older" cabins are abit rustic, with no tv, microwave, frig, wifi, etc. and no breakfast was included. We were ok with that as their rates were very good compared to other choices. Which were twice the price!!
The motel is in a very quiet setting, but an occasional train goes through the station which di not bother us. The room was clean, but small. Which we did not mind.
This is not a resort or a five-star hotel, but we were completely satisfied with what was offered and delivered to us, and we also had the opportunity to walk around a tiny town filled with very friendly people and neat things to see.

Room Tip: If you can deal with older furnishings, but clean rooms and friendly service this will meet your nee...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank GRLZHD
Libby
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2012

We have visited Glacier numerous times over the last 6 years. We normally stay in West Glacier. We were headed to the great 1 day rodeo in Augusta, MT so we stayed closer and chose East Glacier for a 1 night stay. It was a Saturday. Many of the motels were already booked. We chose Circle R. It was just okay. Rooms are non smoking, however many people had left their cigarette remnants in ugly places. And you had to pass these to enter the door into the breezeway that is outside of all rooms. To get into our room we had to pass a small glass table with 2 chairs and a discarded beverage with butts in it. Very nasty first impression. The room was okay, but we thought housekeeping could improve on the entries. This trash was not just from that day but probably a week's worth. We walked next door to Serranos which was convenient albeit very noisy.

Will stay in West Glacier next time or look for a better option in East Glacier than Circle R.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Jackson, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2012

We found this motel on our drive to East Glacier which only has a population of 309. The hotel was clean, but shower was small and there was no free continental breakfast, so the cost of the room was relatively high.

Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Itraveldou
Sequim, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2011

I have stayed here a few times and they have done some improvements. They enclosed the front of the new building and it is much warmer and quieter. The room was large and the bed was good! Microwave, TV, Fridge all worked. No internet! I found it clean and livable. Yes, there is a boil water order that you have to watch out for! I had water with me, plus I filled my water bottles from the water cooler in the hallway.
What you get for the price and location is good! This is the only place I have stayed more than one time in East Glacier. The others left me feeling short changed and not rested. They are open year round and that is good because most of the other places shut down. So I stay here if I can because they live there and don't just show up to harvest the summer money! They are also always trying to improve and you can see it over the years.
If you are looking for upscale. Stay somewhere else if you can find it.
Yes! Sometimes you have to track them down to get a room!
Call ahead and ask all the questions for your needs. Get the name of who you talked too.
I ask for ground floor - king - new building - microwave and fridge!
Ask about special rates! If you make a reservation and I recommend you do, There is a 72-hour cancellation notice, so make sure you are going to land in East Glacier for the night. A few times I have had to go all the way to Whitefish to get a room because I didn't plan ahead.
If you stay here keep in mind that a little planing and preparation in in order!
It's a bit rustic! Embrace it! You are in Montana!

( When you travel in this part of Montana make sure your gas tank is full, carry food and water, warm clothes and blankets, flashlight and matches. Be prepared! )

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
#3 of 10 in East Glacier Park
Mountain Pine Motel
Mountain Pine Motel
#1 of 6 in East Glacier Park

Been to Circle R Motel? Share your experiences!