“Great place and service”

Whistling Swan Motel
Reviewed October 29, 2012

A great place in the middle of nowhere with good service. Looks a bit worn on the outside but was very nice on the inside.

Perfect for a nights rest before entering Glacier NP.

Eat at Serranos - great food and cheap drinks.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank stromstrom

Reviewed October 10, 2012

The owners Mark Howser and Colleen O'Brien were wonderful to us as were their staff! They picked us up along with our 300 lbs. of camping gear at the train station, put us up at their nice hotel, worked out a car rental with a much needed upgrade in car size as the AVIS rep.s, and got us on the internet. We shopped in their East Glacier Trading Post, which you need to see it is great... and we caught a good Breakfast made by the delightful staff at their Two Medicine Grill Restaurant. Mark had great reviews from grateful AVIS customers on the internet. He has really nice large rooms with big nicely reworked bathrooms. If you are on a tight budget like us... he has kept some of his old time little rooms that are adorable, and affordable. They have knotty pine walls, and cute little neat bathrooms... they were just fine for us, I enjoyed them and my husband wanted me to write him and find out what kind of mattresses he had they were so soft! We will certainly return. Oh and you can walk from the hotel to the store/restaurant and train station. The Going to the Sun Road through Glacier Park was AMAZING!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Jill_Laidlaw
Reviewed September 2, 2012 via mobile

Very nice, very clean, large rooms and bathrooms! Microwave and fridge, actually nicer than the Hampton we were at last night. Walking distance to the everything in town. Friendly. I really recommend!

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank royaltycoach
Reviewed August 30, 2012

The Whistling Swan Motel was a new motel for us in East Glacier. I was disappointed when I saw the outside but the minute we opened the door of Room #8 we loved it. The room was wood-paneled throughout, very charming, and quite large with a cushy padded chair for relaxing in. The beds were really comfortable and the owners were great. The parking is limited, and our blinds were not opaque, allowing light to come in all night long - hence the 3 stars for "sleep quality". I left a note for the proprietors and I hope they will replace the window coverings with opaque coverings that keep out the light.

Room Tip: All of the rooms are different; we stayed in and loved Room #8 - which I think is the room in the ph...
Reviewed August 28, 2012

We stayed here for the one night we couldn't get a cabin at Traveler's Rest. It is a classic Motel. We ended up with two adjoining rooms, 1 & 2. We did have a full kitchen with dishes which would have been great if we stayed longer. The bedroom in room one must have been added at a later date, because it is definetley leaning. They have the bed shimmed up so you are level while sleeping, but it did feel a little like a fun house until you got used to it. The check in was a little of a pain since we parked in front of the motel, then read the sign saying we actually had to check in 2 blocks down at the general store. So I went down there and waited in line behind people buying provisions before I could check in. The clerk then crossed off the wrong room when I checked in. Overall not convenient. Not to mention I don't know what I would have done if I had arrived after the store closed since they didn't provide me with this information when I booked. The bathroom was very small and outdated. In room one your window that you need open in the summer is facing a train track that is only about 200 feet away. I couldn't recommend Whistling Swan.

3  Thank ben584
Reviewed August 15, 2012

On our road trip, we stopped in cute East Glacier and stayed at this motel. It was early season and the road north was still closed, but the very kind lady in the office set us up with a great, clean, warm room and gave us recommendations on dinner spots. It seemed like a nice small town. Had we known that the road was closed, we never would have found this!

• Stayed: May 2012
2  Thank HoboHealth
Reviewed August 14, 2012

We stayed here a couple of night while visiting the east side of Glacier NP. The motel is within 20 minutes from Two medicine, 30 from St. Mary and 1 hour from Many Glacier, so you can reach all main trailheads on an early hour.

Being a large family, we were able to rent three connecting room, so the kids could have a room for themselves without having to cross a shared corridor to reach our room - a major benefit. Having a kitchen allowed us to prepare some meals in the room, which was a refreshing alternative to diners food.

Also, we enjoyed the very welcoming hospitality by the home owners, who were also able to recommend specific trails fitting our attentions and wishes.

The one drawback of the rooms are the bathrooms - they do not have any outside windows or vents. You could complete the picture yourself... This is why I do not give this hotel a higher rating.

Still: Recommended!

#1 of 6 in East Glacier Park
Glacier Park Lodge
Glacier Park Lodge
#3 of 10 in East Glacier Park

Been to Whistling Swan Motel? Share your experiences!