“Highly Recommended by Redbus Driver”

Serrano's Mexican Restaurant
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Takeout
Reviewed October 10, 2013

My husband and I were in East Glacier hiking for 2 nights. Restaurants appeared to be scarce. While on a Redbus tour the driver recommended Serrano's Mexican Restaurant. The line was out the door - we had our doubts about waiting an hour for a table, however, there weren't many options so we stayed. The menu was impressive and we really enjoyed our meal. Serrano's Burrito was delicious and bigger than my face!

Reviewed October 4, 2013

My wife and I were in East Glacier for 3 nights and the first 2 nights the line for this place was way out the door with an hour plus wait. After chatting with a few locals we decided we had to try it out since we both love Mexican food and everyone claimed it was "The Best Place in Town". We arrived shortly after opening on our 3rd night and managed to get right in. I don't want to portray the food as bad because it wasn't but at best it was mediocre. The prices were pretty steep but they did give you more than enough food. Considering there were only 3 restaurants open in town perhaps it was the best but just be aware that if you are used to eating Mexican in say Texas or Colorado you may be a little disappointed. I hope not.

Reviewed September 27, 2013

Even in September we had about an hour wait, but the food was very good and the hucleberry pie sensational. The staff seemed very well trained and service oriented. The menu offered a good selection on entrees and everyone liked what they ordered.

1  Thank Siteseers2013
Reviewed September 24, 2013

We can't visit Glacier National Park without stopping at Serrano's for dinner. The key is to get there before 5PM when the doors open since there's always a crowd, otherwise you'll have about an hour's wait. Although there's plenty of seating on the front porch and you can have a cocktail while you wait. All their food is incredible, but my favorite is the Serrano's Burrito - which is so huge you could actually share it with another person - although I always manage to eat the whole thing especially after a long hike. On the night of our visit, we were thrilled to hear that they had homemade Huckleberry pie. Not only did we get the first two pieces, but it was still warm - what a treat!

2  Thank lahord59
Reviewed September 22, 2013

I was skeptical, being from Texas, that there could be good Mexican food in East GlacierPark, but I was proved wrong. We had dinner and margaritas at Serrano's. The margaritas top shelf actually had tequila in them. I ordered the fish dish Veracruz and it was fresh fish and delicious. The enchilada dish my husband ordered was delicious too. The food is not overly spicy and not greasy at all. The chips were just okay. I like the chips in Texas better, but the salsa was homemade and fresh. Finally the server, Ken, was excellent and very fast and friendly. Be prepared to sit outside and wait to get in during the tourist season...we were there after the tourists had left and we still had to wait about 15 minutes to get a table. They take names so get there early and get on the list. Have a drink while you wait. We will be going back there for sure next time we are East Glacier.....finally, a Mexican food fix in Montana!

1  Thank Traveldiive