“Sweet & Cozy cabins!”

Summit Mountain Lodge
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Sweet & Cozy cabins!”
Reviewed August 20, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here for 3 nights during our honeymoon trip through the Canadian Rockies and Glacier NP! The price was great for the cabins. They were very clean and spacious! I believe most have their own porch to sit and relax. The owners, Ted and Mara, were very accommodating and gave great advice for the best day hikes to take! We were fortunate enough to see a mother moose and her calf in the water area behind the cabins...within seconds from our cabin! We enjoyed our stay and hope to visit again in the future!

• Stayed August 2013
10 Thank Stollings

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Vista, California
Reviewed August 16, 2013

I just visited Summit Mountain Lodge in East Glacier, Montana and I can't say enough about the clean, comfortable, and welcoming accommodations provided by my hosts, Ted and Mara. The private cabins on the property allow an intimate setting if you wish yet you get a sense of community when you see someone from a neighboring cabin on the trail. Awesome views of the mountains and wildlife right outside. Minutes to the continental divide trail and the national parks! Lots to do and the new owners are happy to assist to get you pointed in the right direction for adventure. Highly recommended!

Room Tip: Ask for a room next to the beaver ponds.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
10 Thank John T
Great Falls, Montana, United States
Reviewed August 5, 2013

I loved, loved, my stay here! The cabins are big & roomy, the views are phenomenal, & the beds are super comfortable! A super place to get some much needed R&R, so much so that I didn't really want to leave. And I can't say enough about Ted & Mara, they are pretty much the greatest people ever! I will definitely be coming back & I will be recommending this place to everyone that I talk to!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
10 Thank Teddi A
Reviewed July 15, 2013

We were just driving on hwy2 on our way to East Glacier town when we saw this place, we didn't have any reservations for that night and we decided to give it a try. One of the owners met us on our way in and told us they a had a cabin available and when I saw the cabin that was just the beginning of our wonderful time in that place. They have everything you need in a cabin super clean very quite and the views were breath taking. The train going by so close made it so charming, and if we didn't want to heart it all we had to do was to close the door..we are definitely going back next year for more days.

• Stayed July 2013
10 Thank Natykdy
Dalton, Ohio
Reviewed July 9, 2013

Made a recent trip to East Glacier with my wife and kids. We had such a good time at the Grizzly family cabin. Our cabin was recently remodeled, and I have to say this place is very comfortable and clean. The view from this cabin's porch is amazing! I couldn't help feeling in awe every single morning waking up :)

My family and I enjoyed ourselves connecting with nature, going out for some hikes and spending some quality time together. Mara and her staff made us feel very welcomed. I would definitely recommend this place to anyone with children.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
7 Thank TrasAventuras
Sebring, Florida, United States
Reviewed July 8, 2013

We stumbled upon this place and loved, loved, loved it!!!

New owners that are very accommodating and are working so hard to make this place a primo spot to stay!

Our log cabin faced Bear Creek and Summit Mountain....this was literally our only view from our porch for 7 wonderful days! We stayed in "Running Rabbit" and was very pleased with the serenity of our surroundings.

The train tracks are close by and hearing the rumble as they go by is very nostalgic. My husband saw a beautiful Moose in Bear Creek one morning while drinking his coffee on the front porch. We could also see Mountain Goats feeding on the side of the mountain as well.
Great trails to walk as you are surrounded by beautiful timber.

The cabins are very clean and comfortable. They do have heating and air conditioning as the temperatures fluctuated quit a bit during our stay so that was great to have. AND MOST IMPORTANTLY....good BEDS!!!! Yeah!

Not far from food or Glacier Park.

The owners are super nice and did everything possible to make our stay great!

Room Tip: You can't go wrong with any cabin. Running Rabbit was my favorite because of the viewing platfo...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
13 Thank Kelly R
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed June 27, 2013

My girlfriend and I came across Summit Mountain Lodge while searching for a hotel online and absolutely love this place. The location is incredible, the owners Ted and Mara are delightful and the cabins have just been fully remolded. Not to mention there is great wildlife viewing right at the lodge, we saw some moose and a some mountain goats.

The lodge is also located right next to Glacier National Park and is almost on the continental divide.

Room Tip: We stayed in our own private cabin called the Lone Walker but all the cabins look nice and all look...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
#3 of 10 in East Glacier Park
Mountain Pine Motel
Mountain Pine Motel
#1 of 6 in East Glacier Park

Been to Summit Mountain Lodge? Share your experiences!