“Not many other options” 3 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Dinner
Durants Neck, North Carolina
“Not many other options”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2014

When you are staying in this part of Glacier National Park - there are not many options aside fro the National Park Hotel/Lodge.

We visited several times during our stay at the lodge.

Not really an Italian restaurant. They have a few Italian items, and a few pasta items, and a few items I think they would like to pass off as Italian – but this place is not Italian. Our server Rebecca was wonderful and fun. It was a pleasure having her as our server. I had the chicken saltimbocca – which is a modulation of the veal saltimbocca which I truly love in an Italian restaurant. It came as a small chicken breast, a vegetable medley of beans, broccoli, carrots and a pile of mashed potatoes. There was too much sage on the chicken which overpowered everything else, and it was missing the wine and butter sauce that usually accompanies a saltimbocca dish. The mashed potatoes were good but somewhat dry and the veggies were somewhat overcooked.

Next Day – Breakfast
Decided to give them a try for breakfast. Basic breakfast with 2 eggs, potatoes, and choice of meats (bacon, sausage). I ordered the eggs scrambled and sausage. The potatoes were the little cubes which were done perfectly to my taste – crispy. The eggs I ordered scrambled, which were still a little wet when brought to the table – I should have ordered them dry. And the sausage was two tiny skinny little link sausage – but they were tasty. Breakfast for 2 was $26 before tip – I thought reasonable.
Next Day – Dinner
For dinner I had the small pizza (7”) with 3 toppings (pepperoni, onions and ham). The pizza was really quite good. They also have a large 16” size. I would order this again. My partner had a garden salad with chicken which he found fresh and crisp with a good balsamic dressing. Our server with Daniel who was very friendly, and very attentive. The dinner for us both before tip and no alcohol was $30.
Next Day – Breakfast
Ordered the same as the day before plus a side of bacon and ham. I asked that the eggs be scrambled “dry” as they were wet the day before and were a bit runny. What I got was a plate of scrambled eggs, and another plate of bacon and ham. But all were done perfectly and tasted the way I like.

• Visited June 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

East Grand Rapids, MI
“Good pizza. Local beer. Best location ever.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2014

Exhausted after a day of hiking,we were 2 families (with young kids) stopping in for pizza and beer. Our pizza (bison meat balls, feta cheese, roasted red peppers) was great, and the local beers were good too. You're in the madness and chaos of the Swiftcurrent Motor Inn / Many Glacier area, so expect to wait for a table, or go early.

• Visited July 2014