“best huckleberry pie”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Takeout
Reviewed October 6, 2012

We diligently tested huckleberry pies all over the Glacier Park area on our recent trip there. Hands down, Luna had the best huckleberry pie! Their breakfast is also really good as was the dinner we had. A visit to Glacier is not really a great culinary experience, and Luna's stood out as much better than anyplace else we ate. Nice folks, too.

Reviewed October 5, 2012

O.K., I don't even know what a huckleberry is but we kept seeing signs for it all over the place and finally stopped at Luna's. Ohmygosh - this is fantastic. The restaurant itself is very cute inside; if we had more time in the area, we definitely would have come here to try a 'real' meal although I'd have a hard time not ordering an entire pie for my meal.

Reviewed October 5, 2012

This was a very good accidental find! We were staying at the St. Mary’s Lodge and asked to see the breakfast menu the night before. Decided we didn’t want to pay the prices so we opted not to eat breakfast there. On our way out of Glacier, down the road, we ran into Luna’s. Looked busy so we stopped in. Cute, rustic café feel. My husband had a 3 egg breakfast, sausage and toast. I have a thing for biscuits and gravy but only risk trying it about once a year. Based on the description in the menu, had to try them. They were the best I’ve ever had! I had no idea that Luna’s was known for them and their huckleberry pie. I also asked for a slice of pie to go for a snack for later. Glad I did. It didn’t look like much but was sooo good! Wish I had gotten another slice! Nice service and staff, good prices. They were closing for the season Sept. 29 which was slightly later than most places in the area.

Reviewed October 4, 2012

My husband and I ate at Luna's one morning before heading to GNP. The huckleberry pancakes are HUGE and taste great. WE got a piece of huckleberry pie to go and threw it in the cooler to eat later. I wish we would have eaten it right there so we would have known how amazing it was...and could have bought more!!
Luna's was a cute little place, good food and the wait staff was very nice. Would highly recommend.

Reviewed October 2, 2012

Visited Glacier National Park August 29-30. Did the "Going To The Sun" road trip Whitefish Mt to St Mary Mt. Returned to Whitefish via East Glacier, Mt. Looked for a lunch spot in East Glacier and came upon Luna's Restaurant - gave it a try. Excellent service - food - hospitality. Try the bison-burger - really tasty. Not a lot of places to dine in this area - so Luna's was a Great Rustic Unexpected Find. We enjoyed the fare & friendly hospitality. FJG