“Our first stop turned out to be the best.”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Drummond
Wagon Wheel Motel & Cafe
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Drummond
Seattle, Washington
“Our first stop turned out to be the best.”
Reviewed May 25, 2014

So, we began a 5600 mile road trip. Our first stop was in Drummond. I called and talked to the owner and explained we would be late. She put the key under the mat. I knew this would be good.

We arrived at 1:30 am and yes, there was a key. Our room was 1950 era but clean to a fault. The room was huge. (#4) I was really wonderful to start our adventure there. Wood paneling is back. The spotlessly clean bath room with a medicine cabinet we would all kill for and the hook was a nail. How can you go wrong with a green tub. Not a single complaint.

We judged every single place we stayed on the towel standard. This place had the largest, whitest fluffiest towels we ever had

Best biscuits and gravy on our trip and we had a lot of them.

They also suggested we travel off the freeway for a while on the side road and it was a wonderful adventure.

Room Tip: They are all off the road. Loved hearing the train at night. This is a small quiet and original to...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank SallyAnnLanham

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Paris, France
Reviewed April 11, 2014

if you're on the road, don't hesitate to stop there.
Quite calm, despite the rail road and the I90 close to it (but there isn't that much traffic in Drummond).
If you stop there, stop in the saloon, friendly and cheap.

Room Tip: if you want Wi-Fi, ask before checking in. All the rooms do not have the same level of bandwidth
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
2 Thank lepoulpe2
DeLand, Florida
Reviewed February 26, 2014 via mobile

I stayed here because I had to land my plane in the snow due to reduced visibility. The staff was absolutely wonderful, even rescued me from the field where I landed in the snow. What a wonderful place.

Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
2 Thank Reginald Dougla... K
Puget Sound
Reviewed October 20, 2013

The Wagon Wheel Cafe has a motel behind it with a surprising number of units. I've stayed twice for a single night each time and coincidently had the same room both times. It isn't large but I can still get my recumbent tricycle and all my bags in the room and have room to walk as well. Everything works and with the Cafe in front, there was no need to use the microwave. The internet worked in my room both times; I can't promise a strong signal in every unit. Everything was spotless and I heard no highway noise. The price was reasonable. With a motor vehicle one might want to stay in Missoula for all that town offers but with only pedal power, Missoula's a day away and the Wagon Wheel is a nice place to stay between Helena and Missoula. Recommended for all but almost a requirement for a bicycle tourist.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank Recumbent_Tourist
Brandon, Florida
Reviewed August 30, 2012 via mobile

Have stayed here 3 nights. Very clean and reasonably priced. It's a plus having the cafe that is open from 6:00 am to 9:00 pm. Very friendly and helpful. As I sometimes get off work late, they offered to have food waiting in my room for those nights.

Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
5 Thank David O
Olympia, Washington
Reviewed August 19, 2012

This is a great place to take a break from the road. The room was clean and comfortable with satellite TV. They've done a little remodeling to some of the rooms. They have free wi-fi in the restaurant. The rooms are big and very clean. The staff is so nice and will help get you whatever you need. The food is very good, esp. the burgers and breakfast. They make the bun from scratch for the All-American burger and the beef is all MT. Very good. I also couldn’t resist the pie. For the price, I’d stay here rather than pay much more just down the road.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
7 Thank hf933
Dickinson
Reviewed June 13, 2012

Large room, but interesting bathroom lay-out. Very clean, mostly quiet, no wi-fi.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank Kari G

Been to Wagon Wheel Motel & Cafe? Share your experiences!