“Friendly...” 3 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Goodyear
“Friendly...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Yes, the service was slow, but the staff was extremely friendly and accommodating. Bring a few extra minutes, but the food was good.

Visited August 2014

San Leandro, California
“Great Food and Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2014

If you are in Dillon this is the place to eat. The food is great, especially the fries. We found ourselves in Dillon by mistake and were extremely hungry. After a fantastic meal we ask our waitress for some information about getting the West Yellowstone. She informed us not only of the best road, but also gave us a good idea of how long it would take.

1 Thank JacintoAguilar
Aubrey, TX
“Better than expected”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2014

Didn't expect much, was staying the Best Western next door and their "Great Breakfast" is a complete joke, so went over to the Whistle Stop. Coffee was better than expected, and the Eggs Benedict was a true surprise. Can get it with ham or sausage patty, I ordered ham and it came with sausage, so mentioned it and they quickly corrected it. The waitress was cheery and efficient so gave her a 50% tip. Not terribly fancy, but the food was much better than expected, service excellent, would return!

Visited August 2014
1 Thank HorseFlicks
Dillon, Montana
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The Best Diner in Dillon, Montana”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2014

For the past month or two I have found the Whistle Stop in Dillon, Montana to be one of the most enjoyable dining experiences of mine. I am recently widowed so when I eat alone, I want the food to be very tasty, the service people like the waitresses to be very friendly and serving and the place to be comfortable and clean. The Whistle Stop has been all of those things with prices that are fair and competitive. I used to be a Greyhound Bus driver and for many decades was a meteorologist with the National Weather Service. I traveled nationwide eating out. Dillon is a small town located almost in the middle of nowhere and it is important to find a decent place to eat, if one is to dine out. I not only eat several times at the Whistle Stop but have had female escorts join me there and they have enjoyed the experience. Family and friends from out of town have eaten with me there and enjoyed it. I hope it remains an icon in Dillon, Montana. MICHAEL EDWARD MHOON, meteorologist and Southern Baptist Pastor.

1 Thank Michael M
Omaha, Nebraska
“Worth a stop.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2014

You won't regret it.

At the Whistle Stop, I felt at home.

I walked in late, about 45 minutes after they closed, and they threw a hamburger on for me and gave me a salad to go, too.

I spoke with Chaz, the manager/owner, about the tough day I'd had and we had a great conversation.

This is a man that says things like "happiness is a choice." He might not be perfect, but he does his best. And I think that could be said of the Whistle Stop. It might not have all five-star reviews, but it doesn't need them. Its greatest value is more than good food: it's the good people.

Get a taste of home at the Whistle Stop, and say hi to Chaz for me.

3 Thank atchristophe